Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    yeah, its not just the snow, it hasnt felt like winter at all.
    Yeah, I still have not worn a winter coat! It feels more like April,... Certainly not the 2nd week of December.

The models have all shown signs of a change. Whether it in fact happens is a real question as the models have been poor of late especially in predicting cold arriving. So far the reality has been slower and less intense than forecasted, but they are sniffing out something. One good cold shot and one good storm and it's game on. Fingers crossed. THINK SNOW!

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    No we will likely stay at 9am opening until we get some more terrain open.
    Two ways to spread crowds. More terrain and more time. Debating going up, but know i'll ski from opening till downspout turns to triple black. Opening at 8:00 means an extra hour of skiing both days. Please consider opening at 8 because there is limited terrain.

Is ripcord open to HG?

Doing my snow dances....

Not sure about lower Ripcord? Even if we can only patch together a narrow strip we will. It is 50/50 based on what happens the next 24 hours.

Feeling a bit more encouraged about next week's pattern change.

Can't get Parachute covered in a week+?

This is the reality of the future. The low-e guns cannot make s#it for snow when conditions are not perfect, i.e. under 20` and low humidity. get used to late openings on par with the 70's. Big air could fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    Can't get Parachute covered in a week+?

This is the reality of the future. The low-e guns cannot make s#it for snow when conditions are not perfect, i.e. under 20` and low humidity. get used to late openings on par with the 70's. Big air could fix this.
    Its been above freezing a lot. They defiantly are making more snow now when it is 20-30 than a few years ago. They are maxing out there water capacity much more frequently than a few years ago.

We have a lot a fun activities and events over the Holiday week. Refer people to our website.
    Last edited by winjr; 12-10-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    We have a lot a fun activities and events over the Holuday week. Refer people to our website.
    speaking of which, what's the status on fixing up the skatium? saw renderings a couple years ago.

Go Figure. I know you usually take the negative view, but you are just not informed. The new guns put out fine in all temperatures but all equipment puts out more the colder it gets. We have never maxed out with water before these guns. The Snologics will put our as little as 15 gpm at 28 degrees and in the teens can put out 80 gpm. We can run far more guns with the Low Energy and cover a lot more terrain. "Big Air" as you term it can't get more water through the pipes. We have 77 acres open with 2-3 feet of depth. This was never possible in prior years.

With respect to Skatium. I do not know the answer. Over the years there have been a few fund raising efforts to improve it, but I am not sure what is currently being done.

We did open Lower Ripcord today. Our groomer patched together a line. It is not pretty but it currently can enough cover to get you to the bottom on HG.

We are in more Spring skiing the next few days and hope we can hold onto what we have so we can more on when the weather pattern changes next week.
    Last edited by winjr; 12-10-2015 at 12:54 PM.

It's too warm around here guys. I am headed to Mt Baker with my BC gear. 4 feet of snow this week and 3 more in the forecast. TA-TA for now!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It's too warm around here guys. I am headed to Mt Baker with my BC gear. 4 feet of snow this week and 3 more in the forecast. TA-TA for now!
    seriously? fooker. I am so jealous. they are getting crushed. enjoy.

S
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Send pictures. Maybe that will help.

The temps have just been downright crappy. Temps when I went to sleep Tuesday night were about the same as what they were when I woke up Wednesday morning (just around 30-32 base and mid). I was hoping the temps on the website were just stuck and not updating but the thermometer on my deck confirmed they were working just fine. SB had guns and hoses setup on Lower Jester ready to go. It is a shame the temps didn't cooperate so they could start to get get some snow made lower down to provide an alternate to DS. What is open is skiing well if you hit it early, but with everyone skiing the same limited amount of terrain there's not much you can expect as the day goes on. Right now I'm glad I'm able to get up there midweek as I wouldn't want to be skiing weekends with a lot of people all forced to use Downspout. I'm not even sure how much Lower Ripcord alone will help since that only helps the people skiing Ripcord avoid DS. Midweek I didn't see many people skiing Ripcord. Most seemed to be sticking to Jester or Organ Grinder.

I will say this, once again OG was the pick of the day. Nice soft creamy snow. You don't usually get OG this good this time of year.... except maybe exactly one year ago.....

Hah...I was just looking at my pictures from a year ago. Pretty amazing difference. I noticed this year the bus routes are starting much later than last year. Last year midweek routes were already running this week which was great since that meant I didn't need to worry about digging my truck out until it was time to go home.