The pre-crystalline precipitation on Friday was a little letdown from the powder-riffic conditions of the week before, but all in all, this weekend turned out to be a ton of fun. You just have to keep a smile on and get out there!

Blazers have a can-ski attitude.

The woods were actually quite good, with a little supportable crust and some sugar where it got broken up. Nothing ventured, nothing skied.

I coached a three hour backcountry clinic on Sunday, which was donated to the Warren School for auction. Claire and Alexis won the clinic and although the snow could have been nicer, they both remarked that if you can ski it when it's like this, you can ski it in powder for sure.

The Mountaineering Blazers were working on their snow shelter skills.

We also dug a snowpit and talked about avalanches. After breaking an inch of crust, I went down five feet through the storm deposition from last week. Then I dug another three feet down into older layers, which is where Cam is standing, and still didn't reach the bottom. We tried a pole probe, but hit another firm layer below that. So in this spot, there is likely 10+ feet of snow.

My main man Hugo, part of the 70+ Ski Club, loving life on Saturday.

Enjoy!

John

p.s. Dumping big flakes right now!