This topic has been touched on in bits and pieces within other threads, but I think it's worth full exploring. If anyone has taken a moment to read Jay Appleton's excellent treatise on Eastern glade skiing (www.treeskier.com), one has to be concerned about the current and long-term health of the various gladed trails at SB. Classics like (Murphy's) Glade, Lower Moonshine, Sleeper, Lower Domino, Paradise, and Sunrise use to have far more trees on them. I'd include Brambles, but that's already destroyed in favor of GMVS - so be it. Others like Ripcord are growing wider by the year, especially on skiers' left. Due in part to snowmaking, overzealous mowing in the off-season, and lack of planning, those trees are slowly but surely dying off. To my eyes, I see absolutely zero effort to promote any semblance of protection or regeneration so as to ensure that the next generation of skiers can come to enjoy the same beautiful phenomenon as their predecessors. While I understand there are limits at LP given its presence on USFS land, I view this as a tremendous shame, and something that is very much out of character for a resort and an ownership group that tends to pay attention to these sorts of details. While SB isn't MRG and shouldn't try to be, this is one innovation that must be imported if the fundamental character of SB's terrain is to remain intact.