Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
I have always looked at all that terrain between Castlerock and HG and know that if we were like Stratton or the Loaf(just check out their trail maps) we could put in a lift and a bunch of trails there but I guess it's one of the things that make the Bush special and diferent plus I know locals would go on a rampage if any new trail came anywhere near off piste areas like the *h*rc*. Tin, I still remember your battle over at EpicSki about the subject a few years ago....
ASC planned to add glades in that area. Strat's (I think) site has an image on showing the ASC plans with a traverse leading out from Paradise to that terrain. IIRC, the traverse was a bit downhill of the Long Trail, but I can't remember and am not looking at the map now. The map did not have any additional trails or lifts, though, so it wouldn't have ruined that terrain, just made it more well known. And to be honest, I think it's pretty well know (even I know it! ). The specific area that you were reluctant to spell out (so I'll play along and avoid it too) has been mentioned numerous times in message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
Lastly, for a variety of reasons most people are not willing to stop for even 30 seconds to check out the large trail maps. When I am at a resort I am not familar with I always open up the trail map and check it out while on the lift going up so I know exactly where I need to go. I suspect most do not do that.

It's a constant quandry. Where does the line stop on how much info you offer guests if they are not interested in using it.
I use those large trail maps at places I'm not familiar with (and I also use pocket maps while on the lift). I've seen others congregate around those maps too. I don't know what people do at SB because I know the mountain well enough that I don't pay much attention to the large maps.