What a surprise and delight Saturday was at ME. The snow was deep when I arrived and got a lot deeper by the end of the day. SB ski patrol was kind enough to reserve a number of fantastic natural snow trails (or those that simply hadn't seen snowmaking) like Upper Looking Good, Which Way, and that little chute connecting Elbow and Lookin Good. Then we got naughty(er) and took our liberties on the mid-mountain expert trails. Bad Tinny. Bad . Bad. Bad. But oh so good. Boot to knee deep on Hammerhead, Bravo and Tumbler.

It was very niiiiiiiiice.

Sunday was a mob scene at LP. Got there an hour earlier in anticipation. Beat the crowds for the most part. First run was Moonshine to Lower Twist. Great chowdery conditions. Birdland was skiing soft with beautiful manmade. Took a trip to HG and Jester with the wife, and something caught my eye. Line was getting to ludicrous status at this point. Came back to HG, gathered a friend or two, turned right off the lift and never stopped going straight until I emerged at the top of Castlerock. Lots of tracks down CR run, not as many on Middle Earth. What followed was 1700' vert of powdery goodness. If I was in better shape, I would have just done laps there all day. But I'm not, so I didn't. Lodge was a crowded disaster - one guy on the salad/soup station mid-day during X-Mas break. Who would have thought that a line would develop?