A few observations from the last four days of skiing

1) Great job by the mtn taking the time to ski pack Spillsville and Black Diamond. This will (already has) pay dividends in the future when the snows come.

2) IMHO, a little bit of weak sauce on the snowmaking effort Wednesday. Great to see them making snow all the way down to the base on Straight Shot, but the gaps on lower Cruiser and Mainstream were absolutely brutal. At a minimum, there should have been a focus on opening that lower piece of Cruiser just above Times Square so as to provide and alternate route around the narrow ice rink that was Mainstream. Looked like a few more guns were starting up towards the end of the day in that area yesterday, so it looks like someone got the memo. Wish that would have started 10 hours sooner - temps were there.

3) Otherwise, most of North skied beautifully yesterday, with the exception of Lookin Good, which was Skiin Bad. Pretty sure it wasn't grooomed, to what benefit I don't know.

4) The aforementioned efforts on Spillsville are beginning to pay dividends with the opening of that trail yesterday. Looks like the grassy Birdland and the upper part of Bravo have been opened to the public today. I like it. The more options, the better, even if coverage is sketchball.

5) What's next? Got to think Hotshot/Waterfall gets hit once Pushover is done. Then probably Glade or Birdland or Snowball/Spring Fling. My money would be on the latter combo. And at North? Northway then Which Way then Cliffs me thinks. Sorry for those GMVS guys - Inverness might take a while - it's too damn big to make sense to target early.