Snowboards are typically shorter than skis that a comparably sized skiier would ride. This makes the bumps tighter. Moreover, call it what you want, but virtually every boarder I've seen in bumps has been square to the fall-line, with their boards perpendicular, and sliding down the hill like a big snow plow. Either they do this to slide down the entire pitch, or they do it every couple of turns to check speed. Just stand on any steep bumped slope and watch for yourself! Boards certainly have their place, and I've skiied with some fantastic snowboarders. But they do change the way bumps form, and the changes are not better if you are a skiier.
yeah..right. Go watch anything but expert bump skiiers and tell me what you see? Lots of riding across the fall line and
stopping every 3rd turn. I'd pay more attention to your own kind before blaming any boarder for the condition of bumps.

As to MRG remaining ski only, I can't wait for the day I hit the Lotto and open up a boarders only mountain just to hear
skiiers whine about it