Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
Quite honestly, I wish the mountain would rethink its snow making schedule. Given the past 3 out of 4 seasons - to me it makes sense to blow some snow in a lean February/March like we have this year. Just like Mortimer said - turn those machines on!!!

If the season is going to be over at the end of March, I may need to rethink my seasons pass purchase in the future.

I know turning the guns on may not make sense right now from a financial perspective, but if there is any money left in the budget, would be nice to see a refresh.

It's funny, I remember skiing into late April every year, now it's nice if we can make it through March.
While I agree I would at least like to see a bit of snowmaking being done now (if for nothing more than to not be the odd man out with everyone else seemingly making some snow), I don't agree that we've had that many questions of whether we could make it through March. In 2013, 2014, and 2015, the mountain was still 100% open at the end of March. In 2016 my last day was April 17, in 2015 it was April 26, in 2014 it was May 3, and in 2013 it was April 21. Other than the May 3rd date, all those were personal last dates for me but the mountain was still open after that. 2012 was the only year in the last 5 seasons where I only skied until the end of March due to lack of snow (and the mountain closed early April that year as did most everyone else in the Northeast). Every other year the mountain has been open late into April or even the first weekend of May.

This year could be another story...we'll have to wait and see how the weather goes. The late spring skiing trails don't look quite as deep to me as other years, but I'm not basing this on anything scientific or quantitative so my eyes could easily be wrong.