Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Wonder if they'd located in the Old Egan's on 17/100 if that would have made the difference in drive-by publicity and walk-in traffic. Though that building has its own problems with something like $1500/month in water bill tax (before any metered usage) from the Town to start off with.
I recently spoke to the landlord for the old Egan's, he is a close friend of mine.The water bill is not $1500/month...not anywhere near that. The prior owner had estimated that amount of use, but the building was never connected before they went to foreclosure, before they ever paid a bill.

I don't know the new number, but I think the bill was adjusted to a couple of hundred (at most). It is a minimum which is then applied to any metered use. The building also has the original water source, town water making for a solid backup. Previously, water had to be trucked in and held in tanks in the basement for many years, so the connection to town water has solved that issue. Currently the restaurant not in use, so they are not using any public water yet. The big apartment up top uses water, Mad River Distillers rents part of that building and uses some water, it is not an issue. The landlord is very professional and reasonable, and has made sure that water is not a problem for a buyer or tenant. The folks operating the water dept have been quite reasonable in making sure that the water bill is fair, and a non-issue for business use.

This rumor of $1500 (plus) is completely false. It is old and incorrect information.