Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I missed you guys saying that the HG will open at 8. So that also means that the 7:30 people will be in line there first. Sounds like I will be going to Castle Rock and North Linx a lot more. This is going to change my routine completely. Have to adapt to get what I actually came here for. Not a problem.

The other thing that I was thinking about is this. If they are going for a grant that the end result is to use less energy, how are they gong to blow more snow? I would think that they would not increase the amount of snow they make because that would eat into the savings that they are trying to achieve. Right? They will just blow the same amount they usually do or less with all new guns to have the energy savings they want to achieve.
I think the point is that the new guns are so much more efficient, that they can make more snow and still be saving significant amounts of energy/money. Whether they actually will make more snow, only time will tell.

But I will say, that all the statements I have read from mtn spokesmen (not just SB but Mt. snow, kton, stowe as they are all getting these new guns) and online say that these new guns will improve the ability to make snow in marginal weather conditions and open terrain quicker. While many skiers here and elsewhere, do not believe that to be the case and in fact believe the opposite to be true. I really have no idea what the truth is. No offense to any of you, but I'd love to read some kind of authoritative discussion of the issue.