Common Man III: It's early to tell but much like Star Wars this could be the best of them all. Enthusiastic new owners, killer menu. They're definitely putting their spin on things. The menu prices are still a bit high for the valley but the food and ambiance was totally worth it. In fact, putting everything into perspective the $150 I laid down for dinner was actually a bargain. Killer wine, fish options, great service from Jillian and Chris-Anne. I'm really excited to go back when I get a chance.

Grade: A+

Mad Taco: If I took my Queens authentic tacos and doubled the price to get them in the valley I'd be happy. If you doubled the price again and made the meat super awesome quality and provided 50-100 custom house made salsas, I'd still come back. What took me so long to venture in? Ski vacation fail, that's what.

Grade: A

Hostel Tevere: Went for Brunch for the millionth time. Still good. Awesome energy, tasty meals, priced perfectly fairly. I'm jealous that my friends get to stay there while I sleep up on the mountain. Ok, not really. But still, I'm always psyched to hit this place when I'm hungover, when I want to get a beer, or when I'm starved from Hiking or Skiing. Giles is the best host even if he hates the Yankees AND Snowboards. Booooooo. Lawson's on top makes up for it.

Pine Tree Pub: Service was super friendly. Free Billiards, which would be great if it wasn't for kid after kid slamming the balls in the hole. What do they think this is, the NBA? The service was super friendly (again) each night I went but the beer list is uninspiring (two Switchbacks, lame) and the food is worse. What gives? This is a call-out to let the owners know that even things are coming around, but they could try harder. Overcooked chicken breast with no sauce just makes it so I won't order food again there until the next person changes the name even though it'll probably be the same. Just get the Mad Taco guys to cater. I don't know. NYE looked like a great party and I'll be back for a drink.

Grade: C-

Chez Henri:

Just stopped in for a glass of wine and a mouse for New Years. Always great to see Henri and Bernard. Some hooligans defaced their Yelp and TripAdvisor pages based on the prix fixe NYE and that bums me out. Everyone I saw looked to be having a great time and the place was jammed. I can't wait to get back for a lunch time soup and a burger when the Out to Lunch trail is open.

Grade: Priceless

Mad River Glen Basebox:

Had the chicken salad sandwich and it was tasty. Veggie wrap was bursting at the seams. Good soup too. Service was terrific from Brian at the bar. Is he new? Just kidding. Mad River Glen, eat it if you can.

Grade: B+

Warren Store:

Ok, if you have guests in the MRV this is probably the one place you can't afford to miss because it's too good and too Vermont. Everyone reading this knows that. Make sure to grab some wine and postcards while you're up here.

Big Picture:

I want to write a haiku about your sunny windows. I'd try really hard not to gripe about the prices. Breakfast and lunch, excellent. Sandwiches, cool soups like Indian Lamb Sweet Potato, Huevos Rancheros, and tons more. Dinner, please see the above choices I guess. But the Movie Festival looks really cool, I hope it gets picked up by the boston/montreal/new york city press. You guys deserve it for having a great program, ambiance, food, drinks, and that damn sunshine during the day.

Apologies to MothaStuffa's, Local Folk, Pitcher Inn, the pizza place I've yet to try, Purple Moon, Slide Brook, and the rest of the places I would like to get back to this winter. May it snow 1000 inches so I have no excuse to get back many times.

If anyone else would care to review/re-review please feel free to add.