Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    I'm surprised the board is so quiet. Is there really no weather news at the Bush from last night and today? Snow? Rain? Webcam?
    well there's certainly no webcam

There will be!

Hip-hip horray. Good, because I'm not fond of assessing the real time Sugarbush weather situation by way of the Mad River Glen and Stowe live webcams.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    There will be!
    wow! Big news (split this bad boy out). Thank you!
    good call for the big winter ahead.
    where? when?

The best spot would be the Cupola on top of Timbers looking up Bravo with Heaven's Gate in the distance. But that would be and issue for installation and maintenence.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I split this out from the weather thread as it's sufficiently important news to discuss here.

If this is true, and since Win spilled the beans I think we can take that to the bank, add it to another in a long list of things people agitated for here, only to be told that the status quo was good enough.

FWIW, I would love to eventually see base and mid-mountain cams for both mountains.

yea!!! No more piecing it together with the warren and mrg cams. Thanks for changing the policy.

I think this is the way to go for webcams.

http://bridgerbowl.com/mediagallery/bridgercams/

Good spread across the mountain (upper, middle & lower) and a nice large clear picture. Its also very quick and easy to cycle through the Bridger cam views. Dont cheap out like Stowe with the dinky view.

Of course, I'll gladly like the dinky view if that is all that is available...its better than what we've got now.

ahhh....my favorite ski area of all time. I had a pass there one season. Best skiing i have ever experienced and there is nothing like partying in Bozeman!

Xskier, i had a seaon's pass there too for one great winter many years ago. I was in the best shape of my life when April came around, dropped 30 lbs skiing that hill 5 days a week. Great mtn, great town....and yep, great bars.

There will be!
    Any ideas when we can expect to see it up & running?

It is going on the Farmhouse looking through the Gate House plaza and up the Mountain. It's installation is being coordinated with the completion of that lodge. Probably early December.

It is going on the Farmhouse looking through the Gate House plaza and up the Mountain. It's installation is being coordinated with the completion of that lodge. Probably early December.
    A great first step.

Now to start agitating for an upper mtn cam.

I just googled outdoor webcam to see what's out there. Looks like the equipment is rather inexpensive these days. How about you blow us away with an HD CAM. Once you get the first cam going, I'll come by to help with those remote wireless cams. I'm sure Tin would be willing to help sprinkle those about the mtn. A few here, a few there, a few everywhere! :

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    I just googled outdoor webcam to see what's out there. Looks like the equipment is rather inexpensive these days. How about you blow us away with an HD CAM. Once you get the first cam going, I'll come by to help with those remote wireless cams. I'm sure Tin would be willing to help sprinkle those about the mtn. A few here, a few there, a few everywhere! :
    I'd only sprinkle three more. One on Allyn's Lodge facing towards C-Rock and/or HG, one at the base of ME, and one on top of the Glen House looking towards the summit of ME. Make them viewable on a single page and perhaps even remotely controllable by visitors to the SB.com site (Mammoth has this - very cool). The technology is so simple and standardized these days that it's such a win/win.