Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    I just googled outdoor webcam to see what's out there. Looks like the equipment is rather inexpensive these days. How about you blow us away with an HD CAM. Once you get the first cam going, I'll come by to help with those remote wireless cams. I'm sure Tin would be willing to help sprinkle those about the mtn. A few here, a few there, a few everywhere! :
    I'd only sprinkle three more. One on Allyn's Lodge facing towards C-Rock and/or HG, one at the base of ME, and one on top of the Glen House looking towards the summit of ME. Make them viewable on a single page and perhaps even remotely controllable by visitors to the SB.com site (Mammoth has this - very cool). The technology is so simple and standardized these days that it's such a win/win.
    talk about looking a gift horse in its mouth.
    for the record, I'm good with anything as I would think it's a much greater undertaking to get the signal from a cam at the top of the mtn.
    That being said, if there was to be such an undertaking, I'd like it on the CR warming hut looking back towards the lift and middle earth. Or on the HG terminus shack towards Paradise.

FWIW-I dont know why but all of a sudden I'm getting seriously stoked for the season to start.

I just want one up top somewhere too. So, you can see that it is snowing up top and raining at the base like today. Spoke to a friend earlier and it was trying to snow above 2000 feet according to him when he was out on a ride.

Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by win
    It is going on the Farmhouse looking through the Gate House plaza and up the Mountain. It's installation is being coordinated with the completion of that lodge. Probably early December.
    With the holiday crush behind us and the new buildings strutting their stuff, is there a new target date for the LP webcam?
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

....keep checking through this week...maybe keep checking today....<cough>
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

We are getting to it. Soon, but I don't have a definitive date yesterday.