Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn

Hawk is right...

The Boston ski and snow sports expo is huge in the Boston area.

The left coast resorts come packing serious swag. There is a great vibe in the place too. Maybe it is because you can walk around with a beer and win free stuff and schmooze with some great skiers and learn a lot about many resorts. There are some very cool poster size trail maps that ski resorts give out. There are free tickets, and discounts for vacations. Sugarloaf brings in their gold medal winning snow boarder for photos and autographs. Ski Market dumps all previous years equipment for dirt cheap prices. Although since they went out of business, I'm curious as to what will take their place this year.

Sugarbush usually has a good showing. Maybe some more swag and cheap tix as a promo would help get more people excited.

Also, if you are planning on going out West, it is a great opportunity to hook up with a guide, make a connection and get a better deal to ski with someone when you get there, especially if you've never been to that particular resort.

I think Win meant 92.5 and 93.7. I would think that marketing towards the occasional skier is an expensive hit or miss proposition. I think that advertising ought to be directed at bringing in families who are the ideal customer for Sugarbush. As kids become old enough parents who can afford it are going to look at skiing as an ideal winter activity. The on going construction is a big plus and the children's programs should be highlighted. Smugglers has done a good job in that regard. Those families that try Sugarbush are going to love it as we all do, but not be concerned about the nightlife. Then they buy passes,etc., rent houses, and bring their friends up. As far as competition goes it's got to be hard for metro NYers to drive past all those southern resorts. Bostonians have an easier choice. NH in two hours or Vt in 3. So in the ads ask them: do you want your kids to be in Vt. and never outgrow the mountain, or in Nude Hampster where they'll have no chance of getting into a top tiered college? (metaphor mixed for effect)

Yup. You are right about the radio stations. I don't listen to the radio when driving as I have my ipod.

Don't get your hopes up. We will open 11/20 if we can, but not earlier. We still have a lot of stuff to get ready to make sure it is a great season.

Re: Hawk is right...

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski
    The Boston ski and snow sports expo is huge in the Boston area.

The left coast resorts come packing serious swag. There is a great vibe in the place too. Maybe it is because you can walk around with a beer and win free stuff and schmooze with some great skiers and learn a lot about many resorts. There are some very cool poster size trail maps that ski resorts give out. There are free tickets, and discounts for vacations. Sugarloaf brings in their gold medal winning snow boarder for photos and autographs. Ski Market dumps all previous years equipment for dirt cheap prices. Although since they went out of business, I'm curious as to what will take their place this year.

Sugarbush usually has a good showing. Maybe some more swag and cheap tix as a promo would help get more people excited.

Also, if you are planning on going out West, it is a great opportunity to hook up with a guide, make a connection and get a better deal to ski with someone when you get there, especially if you've never been to that particular resort.
    The new sponsers are The Boston Globe and Subaru. East Coast Alpine and Eastern Board are the new main retailers that are doing the big sale. Also new location at the Seaport World Trade center. This is awsome as I can walk down there and not have to deal with the traffic in South Boston any more. With JJ gone, who is manning the booth this year?

http://www.bewisports.com/expos/boston/

Sorry for the thread hijack.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

While JJ carried some heavy loads, he never manned the Boston show alone. We have a huge crew coming down, as usual.

Egan will down on Thursday and Friday, plus the TGR premier on Friday night. The sales and marketing team will be there through out the festivities and I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. At least we don't have to worry about missing opening day, now that the show is earlier in November. Thanks BEWI.

We hope to see you at the show!

John

I will look forward to seeing everyone Friday night in Boston as well.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    While JJ carried some heavy loads, he never manned the Boston show alone. We have a huge crew coming down, as usual.

Egan will down on Thursday and Friday, plus the TGR premier on Friday night. The sales and marketing team will be there through out the festivities and I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. At least we don't have to worry about missing opening day, now that the show is earlier in November. Thanks BEWI.

John
    John, thanks for the heads up on the TGR Premier. House of Blues will be rockin.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/tour/lig...t.aspx?tid=764

I know you guys all come down but was just curious who that was going to be this year. It will be good to see everybody at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk

John
    John, thanks for the heads up on the TGR Premier. House of Blues will be rockin.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/tour/lig...t.aspx?tid=764

I know you guys all come down but was just curious who that was going to be this year. It will be good to see everybody at the show.
    downloaded a copy from itunes yesterday. can't wait to see it.

Tentative roll call, Hawk ...

Jim R.
    Jen Y.
    Andrea C.
    Chris E.
    Candice W.
    Kristin L.
    and Jake!

See you soon!

John

Jim R.
    Jen Y.
    Andrea C.
    Chris E.
    Candice W.
    Kristin L.
    and Jake!

See you soon!

John
    I had a great time with the team at last year's show. I am sorry I won't be able to join you again this year!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Jim R.
    Jen Y.
    Andrea C.
    Chris E.
    Candice W.
    Kristin L.
    and Jake!

See you soon!

John
    Thanks John. Good crew. Hope to see you there if I'm not headed up to Ski. Thursday night definately.