Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by djd66
    I wasn't suggesting that the mountain spend money on this,... just kind of curious why the trail ends the way it does. Ski in ski out is very appealing to families. If something ever were to be done to improve access, it would make a lot of sense for the condo owners to fund it as they would be benefitting.
    Doubt that would happen....this pedestrian path was a hot issue last winter and delayed the Farmhouse and Schoolhouse projects:

http://www.valleyreporter.com/index....2266&Itemid=59

I don't get it. I walked that path myself and there is no issue. The improvements are only going to help with the value of those properties. I recently toured some properties for sale, some of those condos are in pretty rough shape to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoods
    I don't get it. I walked that path myself and there is no issue. The improvements are only going to help with the value of those properties. I recently toured some properties for sale, some of those condos are in pretty rough shape to say the least.
    The issue is that it ends at the road. It then is not maintained past the road. Then you have to cross moutainside codos and take the stairs past the ski shop. Or you can hike up the parking lot to the right to get to the trail out to lunch. Believe me, It tends to be a work out first thing in the morning. The shuttle is a much happier method unless your up to the left of the trail then you can catch out to lunch much easier as it would be a long walk to the shuttle stop if you live up on the left side.

The fun part is skiing back, if you know how to go!

Quote Originally Posted by vonski
    Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoods
    The issue is that it ends at the road. It then is not maintained past the road. Then you have to cross moutainside codos and take the stairs past the ski shop. Or you can hike up the parking lot to the right to get to the trail out to lunch. Believe me, It tends to be a work out first thing in the morning. The shuttle is a much happier method unless your up to the left of the trail then you can catch out to lunch much easier as it would be a long walk to the shuttle stop if you live up on the left side.

The fun part is skiing back, if you know how to go!
    Von you are wrong on both parts. If you know how to go you only have to go across the road at the bottom of the trail and the other is usually snow covered. It's a clear shot and makable with very minor skating. Trust me I live on VR and once there is snow I never take my car or the shuttle. Also the way back is not recommended for anybody. Very dangerous and people get lost all the time.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

The fun part is skiing back, if you know how to go![/quote]

Von you are wrong on both parts. If you know how to go you only have to go across the road at the bottom of the trail and the other is usually snow covered. It's a clear shot and makable with very minor skating. Trust me I live on VR and once there is snow I never take my car or the shuttle. Also the way back is not recommended for anybody. Very dangerous and people get lost all the time.[/quote]

Hawk, once you spill out across the road it is into the parking lot correct unless u are closer to Out to Lunch! On the way back I agree very dangerous. I swear I saw Catamount tracks out there once! I rented an upper Village Run one year. Still found it easier to grab shuttle up at summit condos.