Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About 35 years ago, when my parents were in the Mushroom having a couple of adult beverages - i was out sledding on cafateria trays down racers edge with tons of other kids, some very fond memories and lasting friendships. Watching my children now play in the drainage pipes put out by the CRP/in front of the Gate house, priceless - kids are all having a blast. I think more outdoor activities, imagination, and simplistic fun should be the direction. Wear the little gremelins out...
    just my 2 cents.

I don't think any of us are much in disagreement here. I don't care if an arcade is installed--I'm completely indifferent re. whether kids play in the courtyard or hit an arcade while adults have a beer (venturing inside now and again--although I really don't think that kids need to sit on a barstool to round out their appreciation of the ski experience!) or just head back to the condo. I understand that some significant portion of parents want their kids nearby for the period between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m., let's say. Practically, that means that children will be either in or nearby CRP and Timbers. So, I need to be realistic and accept that, and that's fine. But I do think that parents with kids in tow need to be reasonable as well and ensure that their kids behave properly. What I really object to is parents using CRP or Timbers as some sort of apres-ski romper room for their young (likely pre-ski age) children--kids running around and taking up all sorts of space better used by adults. I don't think any of us are advocating that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourwide
    I don't think any of us are much in disagreement here. I don't care if an arcade is installed--I'm completely indifferent re. whether kids play in the courtyard or hit an arcade while adults have a beer (venturing inside now and again--although I really don't think that kids need to sit on a barstool to round out their appreciation of the ski experience!) or just head back to the condo. I understand that some significant portion of parents want their kids nearby for the period between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m., let's say. Practically, that means that children will be either in or nearby CRP and Timbers. So, I need to be realistic and accept that, and that's fine. But I do think that parents with kids in tow need to be reasonable as well and ensure that their kids behave properly. What I really object to is parents using CRP or Timbers as some sort of apres-ski romper room for their young (likely pre-ski age) children--kids running around and taking up all sorts of space better used by adults. I don't think any of us are advocating that.
    I think what you are basically saying is that children are OK in the CRP, as long as they behave appropriately. It is a bar, not a day care center, and should be treated as such. If the kids are bothering people, the parents need to take them somewhere else. I have no problem with that.

FWIW- My daughter (10) said to me this weekend, "Dad, when are we going up to VT-what am I without skiing". stoked. bring it on, already.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourwide
    Amen, especially the bolded part.

As for the topic, night skiing and tubing on at least Gatehouse side....

Yeah night tubing using the Village chair! Lots of resorts have tube parks and make $ .Then the kids can complain about the CRP adults invading their space!

Before I had kids, I could not stand to be around little kids, so I understand why some do not want them around.

Regarding kids in the CR Pub, I think it would be better if you could simply buy a beer upstairs in the main lodge area just like before the new lodge was built, so families would not be compelled to bring kids down into the CastleRock Pub. I used to love hanging around the old base lodge at 4pm relaxing with a cold beer, talking about the ski day with friends and family. I have gone down to the CR Pub for a beer a few times dragging the kids along, but now I don't bother, because it doesn't work for the kids. I remember Stowe used to have a tiny draft beer/wine stand in the main cafeteria (way away from the bar) area that got loads of Apres business, I bet it would work at SB, too.

Tubing or sledding after skiing would be a big hit with my kids. It would give them something to do while I spent my money in the CR Pub.