Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thanks Howie!

In other news (I can start a new thread if mods want), I took a few trips through The Valley this summer to photograph one of your most treasured swimming holes (Warren Falls), and MAN was I impressed. That place was off the friggin charts!

(more shots here edit: from other swim holes around VT)

I was practicing a photo technique I plan to employ this winter... but came away with so much more. That place really knocked my socks off! More to The Valley apparently than powder slayage I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics
    thanks Howie!

In other news (I can start a new thread if mods want), I took a few trips through The Valley this summer to photograph one of your most treasured swimming holes (Warren Falls), and MAN was I impressed. That place was off the friggin charts!

(more shots here)

I was practicing a photo technique I plan to employ this winter... but came away with so much more. That place really knocked my socks off! More to The Valley apparently than powder slayage I guess!
    those pictures are insane. keep them coming.

Very cool!!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Interesting.....looks more like it's inside of some cave than Warren Falls. Sweet!

With the new HDR software and Photoshop the creative possibilities are practically endless. Warren Falls is amazing but for many of us it's kinda like flypaper....keeps all the visitors in one place leaving the lesser well known ones to the local hokels like myself.

If you like Warren Falls you should check out the Bolton Pot Holes and Huntington Gorge. Much safer to photograph these places than swim in them, especially Huntington Gorge. All a short drive from the MRV.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    If you like Warren Falls you should check out the Bolton Pot Holes and Huntington Gorge. Much safer to photograph these places than swim in them, especially Huntington Gorge. All a short drive from the MRV.
    and all featured in that collection i linked to

PS: no HDR or blending going on in the shots.. just good old fashioned single exposure flash photography

Very cool shots......I really like the one with the young man(I'm an old fart) diving out horizontally. Fill flash really looks natural compared to the others giving it an interesting action element with the slow exposure of the water. I assume for your fans and commercially speaking the ones with the young lady are more popular.

I hope you don't mind the editorial comment as that was my previous life. I was Senior Editor of the Wyoming version of the Day in the Life project a few decades ago, we had to wash down 12,000 images all shot on the same day to the best 250 images in about 1 day and then send then up the line.

Tin.... if you can break out and put these image posts in their own thread in the proper forum, wouldn't hurt my feelings.
    My bad, I kept it going. Maybe "FIS images" or something like that. thanks in advance

gpetrics - Thanks for posting your awesome images and the link, any chance you'll be at the Bush sometime this winter? Any other images aside from the link taken in the MRV?

Getting back to Winter Predictions.....I heard it snowed on Mt Mansfield this morning!!!!!!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Very cool shots......I really like the one with the young man(I'm an old fart) diving out horizontally. Fill flash really looks natural compared to the others giving it an interesting action element with the slow exposure of the water. I assume for your fans and commercially speaking the ones with the young lady are more popular.

I hope you don't mind the editorial comment as that was my previous life. I was Senior Editor of the Wyoming version of the Day in the Life project a few decades ago, we had to wash down 12,000 images all shot on the same day to the best 250 images in about 1 day and then send then up the line.

Tin.... if you can break out and put these image posts in their own thread in the proper forum, wouldn't hurt my feelings.
    My bad, I kept it going. Maybe "FIS images" or something like that. thanks in advance

gpetrics - Thanks for posting your awesome images and the link, any chance you'll be at the Bush sometime this winter? Any other images aside from the link taken in the MRV?

Getting back to Winter Predictions.....I heard it snowed on Mt Mansfield this morning!!!!!!
    yeah it was my fault for even bringing it in here...so i'm sorry. if a mod doesn't mind, i'd really appreciate them fixing my SNAFU for me

to note: i don't mind your editorial comments... just figured i'd set the record straight. i should have been more appreciative of your opinion at the get go... i actually know a little bit about who you are already i'll share more MRV images in another thread later. for now....

BACK TO WEATHER: Snow in the forecast TONIGHT for the south central greens.

webcams not showing anything on mansfield that i can tell. doesnt' mean it isn't there. waiting to hear from a few friends who work up there.

Mount washington DEFINITELY got snow last night. webcams show a mtn which is unevenly white which usually means there is more than just a rime ice up there.

i'm heading up to camp on mansfield tonight for a camping trip. will have minimal sliding equipment just in case!!

Winter Snow Predictions

Last night I scanned this thread to see who-said-what for winter snow predictions. I only saw two actual numbers quoted:

Me, 293" with a better March than the last 2 years
    Brewski said 317"

Sugarbush reports 232" ytd and MRG at 217". So I have only one five foot snowstorm to go, though I would prefer 5 one foot dumps!

Re: Winter Snow Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    So I have only one five foot snowstorm to go, though I would prefer 5 one foot dumps!
    Looks like I will make a dent in my wished-for five, one-foot dumps on Sunday night! Yay!

Re: Winter Snow Predictions

So I have only one five foot snowstorm to go, though I would prefer 5 one foot dumps!
    Looks like I will make a dent in my wished-for five, one-foot dumps on Sunday night! Yay!
    I only have 27" left to get to my 293" prediction from last fall.... Maybe! (take THAT, Groundhog!)

EDIT: oh! and I think indeed we can agree this has been a better March than the last couple!

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn

Still more winter to come

Great post Noski. I was just thinking about this last night.

Officially winter goes to March 21st. No matter what that furry varmit in PA says!. With more snow coming this weekend and the continued La Nina effect, I'm still hopeful for my predicted 317". Don't forget, the end of March and Early April often reward us with a couple big dumps on good ski years. So far, this season is looking promising. Ullr still owes us for the past two lousy March with little or no snow.

I'll say it..." Ullr, you don't have the guts to send us another 6 feet of snow! I triple dog dare you!!! That's right,...TRIPLE....DOG...DARE !!!! You can't not do a triple dog dare!