Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Q.E.D.

  1. #1

    Q.E.D.

    (figure it out, TW)

  2. #2
    Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Just ahead of you in the woods....
    Posts
    1,823
    I guess I am not that sophisticated to understand QED but I think I understand what Notorious is saying here. Greg, Lostone and Tinny, I understand how all of this came to pass but please letís just get this all behind us and let those two back on the board. This whole stupid thing is basically a battle of wills and it ultimately not what this board needs or is about. I strongly feel that the posting of TR's from anywhere that has SB skiers is SB skiing. These people are passionate enough to take the time to produce these things and a large amount of people (the majority) enjoy them. It would be a mistake to just cast these people aside because of a predetermined protocol.
    YES I understand that there have been some things said that have been over the top but I think that we are tremendously passionate as a group. Sometime a little to passionate. BB has said some hurtful things and has an odd way of trying to get his point across but most of it is just a show and mostly comity. GS is a good dude and is part of a large group that lives and breathes the mountain. I do not always see eye to eye with this group but they are big advocates of the Sugarbush message. It only hurts the mountain and this community if you guys stay on this course.

    Can we please just bury the hatchet and move on? Change is good and we all need to embrace some of it.

    Hawk out!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still donít see!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I guess I am not that sophisticated to understand QED but I think I understand what Notorious is saying here. Greg, Lostone and Tinny, I understand how all of this came to pass but please letís just get this all behind us and let those two back on the board. This whole stupid thing is basically a battle of wills and it ultimately not what this board needs or is about. I strongly feel that the posting of TR's from anywhere that has SB skiers is SB skiing. These people are passionate enough to take the time to produce these things and a large amount of people (the majority) enjoy them. It would be a mistake to just cast these people aside because of a predetermined protocol.
    YES I understand that there have been some things said that have been over the top but I think that we are tremendously passionate as a group. Sometime a little to passionate. BB has said some hurtful things and has an odd way of trying to get his point across but most of it is just a show and mostly comity. GS is a good dude and is part of a large group that lives and breathes the mountain. I do not always see eye to eye with this group but they are big advocates of the Sugarbush message. It only hurts the mountain and this community if you guys stay on this course.

    Can we please just bury the hatchet and move on? Change is good and we all need to embrace some of it.

    Hawk out!
    +1
    well played, birdman.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I guess I am not that sophisticated to understand QED but I think I understand what Notorious is saying here. Greg, Lostone and Tinny, I understand how all of this came to pass but please letís just get this all behind us and let those two back on the board. This whole stupid thing is basically a battle of wills and it ultimately not what this board needs or is about. I strongly feel that the posting of TR's from anywhere that has SB skiers is SB skiing. These people are passionate enough to take the time to produce these things and a large amount of people (the majority) enjoy them. It would be a mistake to just cast these people aside because of a predetermined protocol.
    YES I understand that there have been some things said that have been over the top but I think that we are tremendously passionate as a group. Sometime a little to passionate. BB has said some hurtful things and has an odd way of trying to get his point across but most of it is just a show and mostly comity. GS is a good dude and is part of a large group that lives and breathes the mountain. I do not always see eye to eye with this group but they are big advocates of the Sugarbush message. It only hurts the mountain and this community if you guys stay on this course.

    Can we please just bury the hatchet and move on? Change is good and we all need to embrace some of it.

    Hawk out!
    +1

    well played, birdman.
    +1 too.

    I agree that the Dbaggery was way out of hand and I have said as much many times. I greatly appreciate the job that the mods do. It would be impossible to like everyone on the board. That type of consensus would be the end of us all. (Except for Yard Sale, of course. Everyone loves Yard Sale.) Plus, who among us can say honestly that they have never behave like a a DB? Not I!

    Perhaps, we should all have a brew at the CRP Columbus Day Weekend. Yeah, that's it! Alcohol can solve this. I'll even buy the first round.

    Sincerely,

    Yard Sale

    Alpine Hack
    Peacemaker
    Recovering DBag

  5. #5
    Holy shnikies,... a "non skiing" post in the skiing only room - and its been here for 4 days. Is this the sign of the new skimrv??? I may actually post something about skiing.

    BTW,... Me likey the new format, thanks for listening.

    So what is Q.E.D.?

  6. #6
    Holy shnikies,... a "non skiing" post in the skiing only room - and its been here for 4 days. Is this the sign of the new skimrv??? I may actually post something about skiing.

    BTW,... Me likey the new format, thanks for listening.

    So what is Q.E.D.?

  7. #7
    Quod Erat Demonstrandum is a Latin phrase which means "that which was to be demonstrated" and is typically written at the end of a mathematical or logical proof, so its meaning in this context is anybody's guess. Whatever notorious's point is, I agree with Hawk that it's time to move on.


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    Quod Erat Demonstrandum is a Latin phrase which means "that which was to be demonstrated" and is typically written at the end of a mathematical or logical proof, so its meaning in this context is anybody's guess. Whatever notorious's point is, I agree with Hawk that it's time to move on.
    Thanks for clearing that up,... it's a little beyond me and Tommy Boy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ski Gear | Snowboard Gear | Cycling Gear | Camping/Hiking Gear | Ski & Snowboard Racks | Gear Outlet | Men's Clothing | Women's Clothing | Kids' Clothing

Ski Vermont | Whiteface / Gore Message Boards