Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drama

Quote Originally Posted by barkbiter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    Thank you for your consideration Greg. The heavy-handed moderating was an issue, but not the only one. It was also distressing being told several times by LO that our contributions don't matter and that as soon as a few jerks are gone (namely me and some others), everything will be fine. I am totally willing to forgive and forget, but don't just chaulk this whole thing up to some post moving.

John
    John -

I'm sorry but that's revisionist history. This all started with Lostone moving threads to what was then the appropriate place. A few people disagreed with it vehemently and we were off to the races. You have always striven to post stoke, and I certainly appreciate that, but some of your cohorts here have done nothing but bait, troll and hurl insults at anyone who disagrees with them. If Lostone said some things that rubbed you the wrong way, I think it's nothing more than a man reaching a point where he can't take anymore. As he said many times - he didn't get paid for this and it was quite the thankless task. The constant agitation b/c of some moved posts was completely over the top, unnecessary and mostly just mean spirited.
    I'm sorry Tin Woodie, quite a bit of revisionist history yourself there. You and Losty just gotta have the last nasty word. Both of you have tossed out just as many insults and mean spirited posts as anyone. You want everyone else to stop, but you guys still want to pass out your bs. That's moderating ?
    And how many times are you guys gonna drag out the old don't get paid and it's thankless work line ? What's wrong with you ? I wouldn't do any work even if I was paid good money if that's how I felt about it.
    A man just can't take it any more so he acts out inappropriately ? And that's ok why ?
    Even now, you can't let it go without tossing out more bs. And you won't like me not agreeing with you. Jeez, just go ahead and ban me like the two of you want to do ! Please ! Put us all out of your misery . That will make you guys right and it will all be ok .
    bb - you've added nothing here but gratuitous insults and trolling. While at times I haven't showered myself in glory here, I feel pretty good about my signal to noise ratio, whereas you've been all noise.

As mentioned in the troll thread that notorious started in the Skiing forum, the authors of these types of threads/posts going forward will be banned after one warning.

For what it's worth, I have found this site to be very useful and enjoyable, and appreciate the efforts of the moderators as well as most posters.

Nyah nyah nyah tin woodless, all you've added is hypocrisy. you've added nothing yourself. gratuitous insults and trolling done by moderators doesn't make it better.
    toss out some more threats to more people. ban more people ! great moderating jobs, both of you !!!
    so just stop the threats. ban like you like you really want to. ban me for using the same exact words you do, just like the hypocrisy moment you wonderful geniuses had the last time. stir up the fire some more and then blame everyone else for it.

toss out some more threats to more people. ban more people ! great moderating jobs, both of you !!!
    so just stop the threats. ban like you like you really want to. ban me for using the same exact words you do, just like the hypocrisy moment you wonderful geniuses had the last time. stir up the fire some more and then blame everyone else for it.
    I'm the only one that can ban people. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. Can we all just let this go now?

Greg, I am curious why you are quoting bb's response and not TW's post that started yet another exchange... Everything was going swimmingly until TW had to go and bust on atkinson and the rest of "minority" again in 2 threads.

No thanks to your generous offer of "Benefit of doubt". If you'd like it toned down a bit perhaps the name calling and trash talking of the so-called moderators is a good place to start. I'm not regretful of any of my posts. If a few wisecracks and some disagreement are just too much perhaps you guys shouldn't be running and open forum.
    Oh but I guess it's not an open forum.
    It's mostly the Lostone and Tin Woodie show.
    For anyone who's still interested or amused, go to the memberlist, click on number of posts, descending.
    The board is dominated by our 2 heroes.
    For the amusement part, click on my name, the early days. Also notice, no threats no censoring no teeth gnashing anger no awful posts requiring expulsion. Excuse me for not wanting to live in the Losty/Woodie world

No thanks to your generous offer of "Benefit of doubt". If you'd like it toned down a bit perhaps the name calling and trash talking of the so-called moderators is a good place to start. I'm not regretful of any of my posts. If a few wisecracks and some disagreement are just too much perhaps you guys shouldn't be running and open forum.
    Oh but I guess it's not an open forum.
    It's mostly the Lostone and Tin Woodie show.
    For anyone who's still interested or amused, go to the memberlist, click on number of posts, descending.
    The board is dominated by our 2 heroes.
    For the amusement part, click on my name, the early days. Also notice, no threats no censoring no teeth gnashing anger no awful posts requiring expulsion. Excuse me for not wanting to live in the Losty/Woodie world
    I did take a look at a few of your earlier posts and it seems like you've been a bit of an antagonist since the beginning. It's not an "open" forum and the policies are very clear:

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=37

Note especially the point about "trolling". Again, I've been running forums for over 10 years, and my goal has always been to provide places where anyone can feel comfortable participating. We're not asking a lot, and if you can't abide by those simple guidelines, you're not welcome here. Apparently, you don't really care, and if you don't like it here, nobody is forcing you to read or post.

And you sir, don't need to re post the rules for me. Hmmm, where is antagonism listed in there ? I'll type whatever I feel like on my keyboard here. Of course there is no open forum here !! Name calling and antagonism by woodless seems ok. Bashing everyone and Sugarbush seems ok, Dawn Patrol was never busted. Have your little snowmaking debates. Ban me or don't ! Just don't think you guys will keep correcting me and I'll shut up. If your Statues of Rules and your 10 years of experience (wow) demand it then be a man of principle do it. At the same time you might think about renaming the Site Feedback forum. Such awful trolling. it must be stopped now.