Thread: More whining

Loser

Great censoring Loserone. So you've run off Atkinson. Now you're busy chasing good ole goneskiin away. HowieT2 is off to TGR. Good job.
    Posts not really related to skiing are allowed. Ads for rooms are allowed. Endless pictures of every board nailed up are ok. But skiers talking about skiing needs to be chased away.
    I think it's partly putting a self labeled intermediate in charge. What can a lesser skilled person bring to the table? Loserone is bringing nothing, not even a spirited discourse. He kills it
    Skiers like to talk about skiing. You went to Jay or Killington or Las Lenas ? Most skiers would like to hear about it. Certainly doesn't seem like there's soooo much going on that we just can't allow this to happen !!

Re: Loser

Quote Originally Posted by barkbiter
    Great censoring Loserone. So you've run off Atkinson. Now you're busy chasing good ole goneskiin away. HowieT2 is off to TGR. Good job.
    Posts not really related to skiing are allowed. Ads for rooms are allowed. Endless pictures of every board nailed up are ok. But skiers talking about skiing needs to be chased away.
    I think it's partly putting a self labeled intermediate in charge. What can a lesser skilled person bring to the table? Loserone is bringing nothing, not even a spirited discourse. He kills it
    Skiers like to talk about skiing. You went to Jay or Killington or Las Lenas ? Most skiers would like to hear about it. Certainly doesn't seem like there's soooo much going on that we just can't allow this to happen !!
    DITTO

Quote Originally Posted by notorious
    DITTO
    DITTO+2

Tin has some good ideas though.

"Now that that is out of the way, a few ideas:

1) Contact lens solution (can't tell you how many times I've needed this - saliva is a lousy substitute)
    2) Antacids (Tums, Zantac)
    3) Diapers
    4) Feminine hygiene pads (so I'm told)"

I like to talk about skiing. I do so all the time. Ask anyone who knows me.

I like to ski. I probably ski more than anyone in this thread, and probably all of you, combined. I don't claim to ski as well as . . . anyone. But I am someone, who is always asked why I wasn't there, when I take a day off from skiing.

My problem is never with people talking about skiing. If the post was just to talk about skiing, (1) it could have been put in the Misc room. No problem. (B) When I moved it from the Sugarbush room, as he knew I would, as it had nothing to do with Sugarbush, he could have continued with talking about skiing.

I believe it was placed in the Sugarbush room so that he could continue the crap that was going when last he participated on the board. That is trolling. It is not allowed.

We have gone thru the entire summer with almost none of that crap. I didn't move a post all that time. That is because people put posts where they were supposed to be. Not hard to figure. If the post is about the subject of the room, it goes there. If not, it goes to Misc.

That includes all posts about skiing other places. No censorship. They are simply not Sugarbush related. Feel free to discuss them to your heart's content. (I did not request gone.skiing delete his post with his pix.)

Endless pictures of every board nailed up are ok.
    barkbiter thinks nothing about the Interim Village thread, but it has over 12,000 views. Despite what he thinks, there is a lot of interest in that.

There is almost no interest in this complaining about moving posts. Quite the opposite, it is detrimental to the board.

We have 7 pages of that in this room. All viewpoints on it have been expressed. There is a difference of opinion as to how the board should be run.

Most people have been getting along fine, here. Some of us, for years. I don't see why those few that don't should stay around.

I will leave this thread ope for one day, in case there is a point that has not been brought up, and will answer those, should they come up. After that, I will lock it.

You can call it censorship. But I have no problem censoring crap.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

The reason why you had no issues this summer is because we all stopped posting. When the only thread that has pictures is the new construction, you're going to have views. No doubt, it's exciting to watch being built, but it is not the mountain nor the people that make this place so great. These two have been missing all summer.

The folks that like to post here do so because the Mad River Valley is their home (or home away from home.) Las Lenas, Jay, Killington, etc, these are places to visit and share experiences. What's the issue with talking about them again?

You continue to defend your ham-fisted moderating and anti-stoke communications. Good luck with it. I'm sure others will continue to visit, but you will not "have stoke long after we leave." This summer is proof. If you want more of the same, keep up your silly bs.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    More whining
    Why don't you call this thread more moderating crap? That would be a lot more fitting...

I believe it was placed in the Sugarbush room so that he could continue the crap that was going when last he participated on the board. That is trolling. It is not allowed.
    Now who is being paranoid? Sugarbush is where I ski and that is the only forum that I would put my skiing content to. If that is not acceptable, I am not going to contribute. I was hoping that you moved on over the summer, but clearly you still have an axe to grind. You have run a bunch of others out of town, I am next. Keep it up. Have you noticed that there has only been a dozen threads all summer? Have you noticed that in the last year you have not gotten any new people that contribute on regular basis? Have you noticed that a bunch of old posters do not post as much? Is that what you are looking for - a message board with a single thread that you keep alive?

You can call it censorship. But I have no problem censoring crap.
    You have made it your life's objective to move posts. How about we leave threads up in Sugarbush forum and see how many complaints we get? Not to mention that you continue to use arbitrary judgement as to what gets moved and what stays... Ski house in MRV has as much relevance to Sugarbush as my skis with Sugarbush sticker on them in Las Lenas. There is easily 1/2 dozen thread that can stay or be moved to Misc.

I did not request gone.skiing delete his post with his pix.
    No you did not, but since you continue to screw around with my posts I am not going leave them up for you to exercise your moderating powers. You decide what is more important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    The reason why you had no issues this summer is because we all stopped posting. When the only thread that has pictures is the new construction, you're going to have views. No doubt, it's exciting to watch being built, but it is not the mountain nor the people that make this place so great. These two have been missing all summer.

The folks that like to post here do so because the Mad River Valley is their home (or home away from home.) Las Lenas, Jay, Killington, etc, these are places to visit and share experiences. What's the issue with talking about them again?

You continue to defend your ham-fisted moderating and anti-stoke communications. Good luck with it. I'm sure others will continue to visit, but you will not "have stoke long after we leave." This summer is proof. If you want more of the same, keep up your silly bs.

John
    +1

"I like to ski. I probably ski more than anyone in this thread, and probably all of you, combined."

Oooohhhhh- shaking in my boots. You've got to be kidding me with this power trip.

Here we go with more post removal...

barkbiter thinks nothing about the Interim Village thread, but it has over 12,000 views. Despite what he thinks, there is a lot of interest in that.
    What are you going to do when Win installs a web camera or do you have a monopoly on parking lot pictures?

While I'm loathe to agree with anything uttered by BB, this thread moving mania is out of control. And threatening GS is way out of line. Frankly, I think someone should take a vacation from moderating duties. It is harming this humble board.

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Here we go with more post removal...
    I removed the two posts from BB as they were nothing but gratuitous insults. They have no place here. I'm all for spirited discussion but there are lines that have to be respected by everyone, including Mods.

As I expected, there is nothing here that was not in the other whining thread.

I am going to lock this one. We have more than7 pages of this crap, and it comes down to a difference of opinion as to how this place should be organized.

You guys want one room to discuss everything. I don't. Rather than throwing tantrums and being abusive that we didn't set the forum the way you want, I feel you should go to one that is set that way, or start one of your own, and set it that way.

I am sorry to lose some of the people who are upset, but I think the forum will be better without your positive input, but also without your crap.

gone.skiing, I am continuing with my request to have you banned. I do not believe your statement that you posted that post, which started this trolling again, thinking everything had changed. Greg may decide to make it temporary, or for a short time, to see if you really want to be here.

barkbiter, I don't believe you have posted more than 10 posts that have to do with skiing, your entire time here. You have continually been rude and abusive. You have been added to the list. This includes your Phil Mcsquinty name, which was set up only for abuse

John, maybe with your new position, you can start an official Sugarbush board. You can set it up your way.

I understand some will be upset with my decision, but I've allowed this to go on way too long. Use the board properly and treat people with respect or find somewhere else to go.

This board may slow down for a while, but we built it from nothing, and will do it again. It will be so much easier without the few who insist on spending all their time whining that the board isn't set up the way they wish. This is the board you joined.

As this has been discussed to way too great an extent, I will consider further posts on this subject to be trolling, and will delete them without further notice.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.