Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ski House Member(S) Wanted.

A great house with a fine view

Large living room

Hot Tub

And gets lots of snow!

Looking for member(s).

Contact Treeskier@me.com

Nice Place, Nice Photos. You may have a future in real estate.

Days are getting shorter!

Snow soon.

Still have openings.

Email for more info. Treeskier@me.com

Dear Moderator,

I think this post should be moved to miscellaneous.... while the house may be near Sugarbush, one cannot assume that a guest will not be skiing at MRG, or is instead a cross country skier frequenting Ollie's. Further, the house is not on Sugarbush Resort property.

Thanks for moving and maintaining a consistent policy.

Ski house memberships have traditionally been a part of the Sugarbush room since the RSN days.

Trolling is not allowed.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by skierdon
    Dear Moderator,

I think this post should be moved to miscellaneous.... while the house may be near Sugarbush, one cannot assume that a guest will not be skiing at MRG, or is instead a cross country skier frequenting Ollie's. Further, the house is not on Sugarbush Resort property.

Thanks for moving and maintaining a consistent policy.
    Frankly? +1 But who am I go say....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Ski house memberships have traditionally been a part of the Sugarbush room since the RSN days.

Trolling is not allowed.
    Just because its been done for a while doesn't mean it's 'right' or 'fair'. Letting someone post wherever because they've been around a while or are a buddy of yours is not good policy. I take offense to the trolling comment, I've been a frequent reader and less frequent poster for the last few years. Many times in the past you and non-moderators have commented that posts are 'not-relevant', so how did I do anything differently this time?

The whole point of this message board should be to create a sense of community, however, it has become more of a p#ssing contest/power trip amongst valley residents. It is a big turn-off to us folks who travel from out of town and look to this board for slope/road conditions, restaurant recommendations, etc.

You'll probably ban me, an out of towner who rents a house, supports both local mountains, and frequents the many restaurants and shops, but I am simply replying to your comment and the fact that you consider my contributions trolling.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just stay at that new hostel that is like $35 a night? Which comes with a pub and everything?

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by happygirl
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to just stay at that new hostel that is like $35 a night? Which comes with a pub and everything?
    I stayed at Hostel Tevere several times last winter. It is a nice place and Sara and Giles are great hosts. And the breakfasts and pub food are very good.

But, this winter I have opted to join Treeskier's house.

If it is a good snow winter (which it will be) & based upon the number of days I plan to ski, I expect that the house will be an overall different and better social and skiing experience. It will also likely be less expensive than the hostel route (although one must make more of an upfront financial commitment, instead of paying as you go). And, I will have the benefits of the familiarness of the same house members, better common rooms, fewer folks sharing bathrooms, less noise (I think), etc. I can leave my ski's and boots at the house, and not have to trek other equipment and clothing back and forth. Breakfast and lunches at/from the house and the option of Saturday dinner, substantially reduce my chow costs.

The nice thing about all of the housing options in the Valley is that there is something for everyone.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Thanks for your input. Your right there is something for everyone. But, I like the idea of having a pub right there and not having to drive to it.

I am pretty sure you don't have to travel far to get a drink at Treeskier's...

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    I am pretty sure you don't have to travel far to get a drink at Treeskier's...

Ok then, How much does treeskier charge?

No clue, his email is up above...

I don't know which route ends up being cheaper, but I've been doing a seasonal rental for the last 4 years and I find the big advantage is not having to transport gear back and forth. This may be less important if you are single but with a family, it's huge issue. Also, since it's paid for in advance, you tend to ski more. Many times conditions/weather look marginal such that you might choose to stay home, but since you have the place you go anyway.

That would be called a pass holders day. You leave your house with out packing a lunch and say to everyone I'll be back once I am drenched due to rain out our window. Only to return at 4:30 becouse it either cleared up or you get to the top an find it is snowing up there. End up spending the day in the powder only to ski down and find it is still raining at the valley floor. Hence why you buy a pass and always go for at least 3 runs. Can't tell you how many times those have turned into great Pass Holders Days! Plus you can, at least in our house, always find someone who will go with you. Bad weather or not.