Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petty Whining

Petty Whining

The constant whining about the operation of this board has no value, is quite the pain in the nads and has to stop. I have no affiliation with TW, LO, or any one else. While I do appreciate the effort put forth by the operators of this board so exists for me to enjoy and help me to remain abreast of all matters Sugarbush, I don't always agree with their opinions. In fact, I am all too happy to disagree and take pot shot at anyone, but hopefully if my opinion is dead wrong I try to make it humorous.

Overall, SKIMRV is fine and the moderators manage it well. I don't really see any patterns of favoitism for posts/posters or whatever. I don't really care, so maybe that's why I don't notice it, but I assume it must go on and a necessary method of exercising a little editorial lisence, but what meaningful benefit or detriment to any posters could be imparted by such action on a message board about recreation?

So, who gives a rat's ass. If this stuff really does get your snow pants in a bunch, well, carry on with the bullshit then, but from what I see from your other content posted here: opinions, photos, video, etc, you're better than that and have much more to offer. So, you may want to consider lightening up a little bit.

BTW shouldn't concerns about the moderators be posted in site feedback? In anticipation of anyone making a mockery of my honorable online handle "Yard Sale" ala "Woodless", respectfully in advance and respectfully, I respond thusly: Eat me.

Respectfully,

YS

Um, what?

duh ?

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    Um, what?
    Yes, Yard Sale like usual makes no sense whatsoever. He complains about whining but then goes on to whine. It's a pain in the n**s and it has to stop, but then he's "all too happy to disagree and take a potshot, as long as it's funny". Well, which is it ??? I dare you to make sense of the rest of his post. If you don't really care, or you don't give a rat's a**, then why do you go on and on about it ?

Moderators, please, is the language from Yard Sale acceptable ?

pain in the n**s
    don't give a rat's a**
    carry on with the bull***t
    Eat m*

Is it really necessary ? Or is it acceptable now ?

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig.

You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Thankfully, this pig is all bark and no bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Thankfully, this pig is all bark and no bite.
    dogs bark! pigs grunt!

YS, if you don't give a rat's ass why create a separate thread for it... just like Lostone when he gets his little feelings hurt?

Lostone invented this little game at the beginning of the season where he promptly bounced all my trip reports to Misc forum while leaving others alone. That was at the time when SB was not even open. Apparently he wants to keep playing it. "Moved per gone.skiing's request" - give me a break. Per whose request were my TRs moved?

Without exception nobody who submits trip reports likes to see them moved. Not Atkinson, not Treeskier...

vonski,
    good job adding smiley face - I almost missed that joke. PS: don't recall any TRs from you this year.

Lostone,
    did you do any skiing this last storm? How about more stoke and less moderation? Parking lot picture will do if that is all you have...

awwww

No, Lostmarm will only post a lousy fitting quote, get down in the dirt and swear he didn't, and tell us about the green and blue slopes. I wish Lostmarm or Tin Woodless would tell us about some of the great woods they skied this year. So tell us big boys, how did Bearclaw ski for you this year ? The Church ? Huey ? Connie's Woods ? Any of the great woods of the Bush that lots of us come to ski ? I saw a lot of people from this forum in the woods regularly, Lostmarm only in the lunchroom, lonely and scraggly. Woodless ? Were you out there ?

And I, I acted like I took the road less traveled, and did something special.
    I did not. I use a quote to make me look deep, when I have nothing to say.
    It does not.
    I use one of the most quoted quotes of all time as my sig line
    It certainly doesn't fit.
    I wouldn't know a path with heart if I stumbled upon it.
    --the deep sage, Lostmarm

Gone. I always forget the camera, and then forget when I do remember to take it out and use it. Therefore, lack of trip reports. Maybe next year! Oh, yeah and the one time I did post a report, I caught hell for posting a map of the woods essentially, So, I keep it to myself.

c'mon guys

It's THAT time of year again. The skiing is "virtually" done and we all feel the loss but let's not take it out on each other or the Moderater of the forum. It has to be a thankless job to try to have some semblance of order on an internet forum. Some of us know each other and others are anonymous but words on a screen become our connection. So while I find a lot of the gentle jokes amusing let's not go too far with personal attacks. It may empower some but it is unbecoming. ; }

GS,

I had originally posted my comments on another thread and then understood that I was stepping on stoke, so I moved it here.

I started this thread on the constant criticism of the moderators because IMHO it is unnecessarily negative. Really, the only reason I mention it at all is that IMHO these relentless assaults detract from an otherwise quality board and probably discourage participation from some other members, new comers as well as long standing members. But if you feel that strongly about it, its a free country. Knock your self out. I'll just go back to ignoring it.

So no, I don't give a rodents fanny(G rated for you BB) about how the moderators are managing the board and moving posts. I don't see any gross negligence or abuse of power. So, I guess I just don't understand the necessity for the quick trigger and what seem to be rather pointed and somewhat personal assaults including name calling on the moderators.

Yes, I have tossed barbs here and there, at Tin Woodsman for example as well as others, but, even if I failed in my attempt, an attempt was made to be humorous, to transmit and hopefully have it received as a friendly jab and that any jabs were hopefully somewhat relevant to the context of whatever the conversation may have been at the time.

As I said in my original comment on this matter GS, aside from this topic of critiquing moderators, I enjoy (especially the eye candy) and appreciate your posts for being informative, the jell packs of coagulant etc. It's that type of stuff that I enjoy and come to this board to get. That's all.

BB, I wasn't really addressing your contributions to the board. Sorry for not making that clear. Your criticism of the moderators is actually spot on as it is consistent with all of your other contributions on all matters SKIMRV, just pointless muck raking. There's nothing wrong with that, and your good at it. So, keep up the good work, . . . I guess.

Skiladi, well said.

Plowboy, you too, but uh, . . . ew.

Respectfully,

YS

If you can't give "site feed back" in the site feed back area, what is this part of the forum for??? If i start talking about site feed back from the Kzone - where would you move my post then??

Look, Lostone,... I'm sure you are a nice guy,... But, I think the whole idea of having seperate "rooms" in a forum is for forums that see 100x more traffic than this forum does. I mean come on - i think the Mad River site has 10 posts in the past 3 years - I think you should just drop the Mad River room. Even the Sugarbush forum has very little traffic. To move someone's post b/c it is not specifically about Sugarbush,.. i mean really - WTFC! It would just make the experience of visiting the site easier if you just had 1 or 2 rooms - THAT's IT! All it means is extra mouse clicking trying to navigate this site. Is it just me,... or do other people chuckle when something gets posted in say the middle of August (not many posts in August) and next day it gets moved to some other forum.

I vote for 2 rooms and lets self police it,...

If you can't give "site feed back" in the site feed back area, what is this part of the forum for??? If i start talking about site feed back from the Kzone - where would you move my post then??
    That is exactly what this room is for. If you posted the feedback in the Kzone... it would be kinda out of my jurisdiction.

But, I think the whole idea of having seperate "rooms" in a forum is for forums that see 100x more traffic than this forum does.
    I've seen (much) smaller sites with multiple rooms. I've seen things moved between rooms in them. I've not seen many complaints about it, in them.

i think the Mad River site has 10 posts in the past 3 years - I think you should just drop the Mad River room.
    I count 13 in the last year, but your suggestion is noted.

To move someone's post b/c it is not specifically about Sugarbush,.. i mean really - WTFC!
    Obviously, there are a few who care.

You can see I care, because I move them to where they should have originally been posted.
    You can see there are a few others that get very upset that I have done so. For the record, these are the same people who will get very upset if I don't move someone else's post quickly enough for them.

And, for the record, a while back, this board was having technical problems. A thread was started on the Alpine Zone board, about it. It was started in the Skiing room. It was moved to the feedback room, and there were no complaints about it from anyone , including from people from here, who use that board, and complain about my moving threads.

I vote for 2 rooms and lets self police it,..
    Like I said, your suggestion on the 2 rooms is noted. But what should those two rooms be? When we started this forum, we essentially copied parts of the Alpine Zone board. We originally had rooms for trip reports. They got no real use, so they were eliminated.

But what would y'all like to have? Start a thread, or even a poll. Just... don't do it in the Sugarbush room.

In theory, we have the ability to change it around any way we want... but have you ever read the thread about a name for the Misc. room?

But as for self-policing, I am a member of one unmoderated forum, and I seldom go there. Just too much crap. And although there are a few that feel this board is over-moderated, the reason I get that many people no longer post here is that there is still too much crap.

How do you propose to self-police... anything?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66

Look, Lostone,... I'm sure you are a nice guy,... But, I think the whole idea of having seperate "rooms" in a forum is for forums that see 100x more traffic than this forum does. I mean come on - i think the Mad River site has 10 posts in the past 3 years - I think you should just drop the Mad River room. Even the Sugarbush forum has very little traffic. To move someone's post b/c it is not specifically about Sugarbush,.. i mean really - WTFC! It would just make the experience of visiting the site easier if you just had 1 or 2 rooms - THAT's IT! All it means is extra mouse clicking trying to navigate this site. Is it just me,... or do other people chuckle when something gets posted in say the middle of August (not many posts in August) and next day it gets moved to some other forum.

I vote for 2 rooms and lets self police it,...
    definitely.