Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I like the looks of the new stuff. Looks like we have a couble new ways to old #18 and somthing after it also. Cant wait to sample it.
    Me too. That was my intention for this morning, but it's wet, cold and raining so I may go to to plan B and save the mtn for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    We've been working on making Plum Line more fun in both directions, but it is still a tough climb for the first 3/4 of a mile. There are new sections that switchback some of the steepest pitches, especially right after the big stream crossing. We will be continuing to refine this trail all summer too.

John
    Awesome!! Can't wait to try it this weekend..

I had a couple of hours to kill today before work, so my friend from trail crew took me up Super Bravo and down on my bike (a hardtail). Of course, it rained - poured actually for a little while. We descended down VH Traverse to Reverse Traverse then dove off into the woods off HG Traverse just past Domino... Big Birch I think. I survived it, and cruised down Lower Jester to Coffee Run. I learned quite a bit for my first day out - #1 being I need some gloves so I can get traction when holding the bars. I got to the bottom and was soaked, muddy, but still in one piece. I never realized how much of a workout this is. But the important part is ... I'm hooked and am going to go out hopefully next week sometime.

Right on Jay! Nice work. Do yourself a favor. Go on line and get some Knee/shin pad and elbow pads. They are not that expensive and protect you on the falls. You will thank me later.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Right on Jay! Nice work. Do yourself a favor. Go on line and get some Knee/shin pad and elbow pads. They are not that expensive and protect you on the falls. You will thank me later.
    Agreed and gloves r absolutely essential.

Full face helmet is nice too, dental work and facial reconstruction is expensive.

Great day of riding yesterday. Trails are in fantastic shape albeit muddy, but that should resolve itself in the next day or so.
    If you head over to the gatehouse side there are no trails signs yet. Highly recommend "wood lot" off of downspout, "big birch", "burly maple" and "beech nut".
    Only damage to me and my bike was a sunburn to the back of my neck. And yes, the burger for lunch at the crp was oh so good.

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Full face helmet is nice too, dental work and facial reconstruction is expensive.
    I was talking to John about this on the lift yesterday. Why can't there be a full face helmet for biking and skiing? Dual sport. Feeding these two addictions is expensive.

I definitely rented pads and the full face helmet from the on mtn rentals.. I did not have any gloves when I went, and the combination of the rain and the slippery grips on my handlebars made it challenging. At least I can rent a helmet/pads and can pick up a pair of gloves at the shop next time, until I can get my own protective gear.

Lift served mountain biking...

...is off with a bang. GREAT riding Saturday and Sunday. Slowly got my groove back, and I should be back to my intermediate ways very soon. At least I'll look muddy and cool at the bottom when I hang with the true experts.

My boys are amped for their upcoming summer dirt camp week. I'm sure SB's professional instructors will be able to warp their minds just like in the Winter. Money well spent !

Any winter warriors who haven't given the Bush a summer look....I recommend it highly. Between the gin clear Mad River and the hiking/riding...it's on ! And the mountain strawbs were nearly ripe (I tested a few), and the wild flower mixture covering the trails had me thinking about twirling and singing like Julie Andrews in "Sound of Music". Did I just type that !?! I hope not....

Hope all you fine folks are well. I've got a good feeling about a BIG winter of 2010/11. Peace out.

I will be up this weekend and I can't wait to sample the new goods. Looks like Saturday around noon after some road miles in the morning. Hope to run into the ususal suspects.

So it looks like the new trails are Grand Stand, Wood Lot, Big Birch, Fishercat, Burly Maple, Fox hole and Sap line. Are they in play?

The map I saw on the counter in the gear center had a few marked as closed for construction, but I haven't been in there since Sunday. They should have up to date info, when you are up.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I will be up this weekend and I can't wait to sample the new goods. Looks like Saturday around noon after some road miles in the morning. Hope to run into the ususal suspects.

So it looks like the new trails are Grand Stand, Wood Lot, Big Birch, Fishercat, Burly Maple, Fox hole and Sap line. Are they in play?
    Check with SRO in the store because as of 7/4 some of the new trails were not finished.

I rode big birch, burly maple, sap line and I think, wood lot, and they were in excellent shape.
    Have fun.

Thanks Howie. Will do.

Disc golfers trying to answer bike questions? Love the stoke this summer Jim.

Grand Stand, Wood Lot, Burley Maple and parts of Sap Line are open. Grand Stand starts behind Allyn's Lodge. Look for more trails soon. We were working on Ruffed Up yesterday.

John