Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sugarbush Mountain Biking Thread

I thought that maybe there should be a place to post a preview of what is up with the Mountain Bike Park and Valley trails this season. Then as things progress we could get updates on events and new information. I realize the Main Website has some of this info but you can't ask specific questions if needed.

So with the season Starting tomorrow, what's up, what's new and what's cookin?

I will be up a quite a bit and riding with the usual suspects.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Thanks.

We're coming up sunday and I'm looking for directions to some valley CC mtb trails. I'm going to ride at the mtn a couple of days and will try and get some video.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Thanks.

We're coming up sunday and I'm looking for directions to some valley CC mtb trails. I'm going to ride at the mtn a couple of days and will try and get some video.
    Howie, I would be surprised if JA doesn't pipe in but this is my suggestion. Go to Stark Mountain Bike Works at the corner of 17 and 100 and talk to the guys. They will send you in the right direction especially if you give them beer!!! Nice guys by the way. There are great trails right above the shop in Camels Hump SF, Dana Hill and surrounding areas. There are also great trails in the Phen Basin.

I would show you personally but I am off to the Kingdom Trails this weekend.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Thanks.

Howie, I would be surprised if JA doesn't pipe in but this is my suggestion. Go to Stark Mountain Bike Works at the corner of 17 and 100 and talk to the guys. They will send you in the right direction especially if you give them beer!!! Nice guys by the way. There are great trails right above the shop in Camels Hump SF, Dana Hill and surrounding areas. There are also great trails in the Phen Basin.

I would show you personally but I am off to the Kingdom Trails this weekend.

Good luck.
    I've done Dana Hill which is nice, but always looking for something new. Most importantly, I hope the weather holds out. We were up last year the week preceding July 4th and it r@#$%^ned every fooking day. The big man owes us some sunshine. Especially for Susan's parade.

T-Storms on Sat.
    Sunny Sunday
    T-Storms on Mon.

Sorry Howie.

Trail maps are now up at http://www.madriverriders.com/mountain.html

Thanks John.

Those maps should not be used, as they are inaccurate. I have asked that they be taken down again. We will have the new map available later this week.

I'm not feeling the love here, but have been posting lots of stuff at MTBR. Check out this thread for lots of video and pics.

In addition to all the great video on SugarTube, I have a bunch posted at Youtube too, here's my page.

Enjoy!

John

That's all good stuff John. Actually I have seen you posting on other sites. I just wanted to bring it back here where it belongs.

I'll be up on the 17th to check out the new work. I here it is great.

PS - Kindom Trails were rippin this weekend. Ran into a couple of MRV locals also. Good time and good reeb!

Got new MTB trail map from the SRO. Thank you. They named the trails. The numbers have been relegated to the dustbin of history.

OK so where is the new map? I here there are new trails. Come on give up the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    OK so where is the new map? I here there are new trails. Come on give up the goods.
    No scanner up in vt so someone else will have to post it.

Rode clinic to gs off Dana hill "road" this morning. Nice single track. Thanks to whomever did all the armoring.

If you're referring to the new Sugarbush summer trail map, then here it is:

LINK REVISED - 7/3/2010
    http://picasaweb.google.com/shadyjayvt/Misc#

(available at the mtn, but not online yet)

Not all trails on this map have been cut/built yet!

Plum Line

Hopefully this is ok to post on this thread but what is plum line like if you are on Rt 100 and want to climb up to the other good stuff like Ridgie etc. I think i tried that trail a few years ago and it just went straight up and was virtually impossible to climb. Is it still the same and designed as a downhill only?? I live at the bottom of the access road and would love an access point to the trails that is fun.

We've been working on making Plum Line more fun in both directions, but it is still a tough climb for the first 3/4 of a mile. There are new sections that switchback some of the steepest pitches, especially right after the big stream crossing. We will be continuing to refine this trail all summer too.

John

I like the looks of the new stuff. Looks like we have a couble new ways to old #18 and somthing after it also. Cant wait to sample it.