Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One board, one Valley!

Please strongly consider combining all the SKIMRV discussion boards or stop moving threads around. Thanks!

Please consider putting the thread where it belongs. Then I won't have to move it.

You know me to be a supporter of the valley, but there are many reasons for setting this board up this way. We set the board up this way with a lot of input. If you read thru the early threads in the feedback area, you'll see that.

There are a few who disagree, but you can see by the survey, as well as the time we did it last, there are some who disagree with the one board concept.

And, if you read the first survey, you'll see most people don't care.

If Greg decides to re-organize the board to one room, I'll deal with that, then.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I put the thread where needed to be. You can quibble that it didn't "belong" there, but as Sugarbush has a bike program and supports the Mad River Riders and most people look for my threads on the Sugarbush page, that is where it really belongs. I didn't do it randomly. The same way I didn't randomly put my last ski video on the Sugarbush page.

John

You know your Sugarbush biking threads have never been moved from that room, nor your Sugarbush skiing threads. What I have moved were threads that do not pertain to Sugarbush.

What is more, you can well see that leaving posts in the Sugarbush room, that don't apply, by some posters, causes others to complain about their posts being moved, were they to be about the valley, Sunday River, or anywhere else.

You say, "One Valley..." but it isn't the Sugarbush Valley. IMNATHO, by posting everything in the Sugarbush room, is to say the rest of the valley doesn't matter. I think all the areas are good on their own, as well as together.

Oh the fun begins. John's post was about mtn biking but also talked about adventure camps. So, is it not Sugarbush related! I am for one page!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    There are a few who disagree, but you can see by the survey, as well as the time we did it last, there are some who disagree with the one board concept.
    Nice one, Lostone. There is not a single contributor here who is not sick of your moving threads around. I am talking about people who go out and take pictures, not just read TRs on the forum. Keep on moderating and pretty soon the only stoke you will have will be construction site pictures...

PS: I checked the past threads and vast majority of comments were in favor of minimizing number of forums.

But if you checked the polls, you saw that one room won by a very slight amount, and the first one which included an I don't care, option, it won.

I have been told the reason for most of the comments being one way was that those wanting to change the forum were more rude and abusive. Some of those that want it kept separate didn't really want to be the target of the vitriol from those that disagree.

We had stoke before you showed up, here. We'll have it after you leave.

There is not a single contributor here who is not sick of your moving threads around
    You are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Nice one, Lostone. There is not a single contributor here who is not sick of your moving threads around. I am talking about people who go out and take pictures, not just read TRs on the forum. Keep on moderating and pretty soon the only stoke you will have will be construction site pictures...

PS: I checked the past threads and vast majority of comments were in favor of minimizing number of forums.
    If there wasn't wanton thread moving, what would we have to talk about all summer.
    Guess I should get back to work.

16 people participated in the survey - I would not call that a survey. (btw - majority of the participants voted for just 1 room) The fact that there is so little traffic to this site may tell you something. This site is not the TGR site - not even close. (that site does need separate rooms to be user friendly) I personally just pop on the site every once in a while to check out the goings on up at the bush - I think this is what most people do. I enjoy the stoke exchange from Atkinson - like most people. Again, given the total post you will see from now until December - just try laying off a bit and see what happens. Yeah, you may have a post or 2 in the Sugarbush room that talks about something in Waitsfield or Warren,... so what? As a reader, it is annoying when posts get moved - especially when there is nothing being posted!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66
    16 people participated in the survey - I would not call that a survey. (btw - majority of the participants voted for just 1 room) The fact that there is so little traffic to this site may tell you something. This site is not the TGR site - not even close. (that site does need separate rooms to be user friendly) I personally just pop on the site every once in a while to check out the goings on up at the bush - I think this is what most people do. I enjoy the stoke exchange from Atkinson - like most people. Again, given the total post you will see from now until December - just try laying off a bit and see what happens. Yeah, you may have a post or 2 in the Sugarbush room that talks about something in Waitsfield or Warren,... so what? As a reader, it is annoying when posts get moved - especially when there is nothing being posted!
    r u nuts? all hell will break loose unless the mods ride this board like the bronco it is. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! . real biblical stuff

"We had stoke before you showed up, here. We'll have it after you leave."

It's always nice to feel welcomed and appreciated. This is a great way to build a community.

The majority of the audience looks for my threads on the Sugarbush page. So that's where I put my contributions, regardless of what they show. The most traffic is on the Sugarbush page too, why wouldn't I want to reach the most people?

BTW, I have never said it was the Sugarbush Valley or that the rest of the area doesn't matter. In fact, I have done the exact opposite and spent a lot of time promoting the Valley as whole. That's what I'm asking for here. One Mad River Valley!

John

really?

talk about OCD. STOP MOVING POSTS. God forbid one of the best stoke contributors to this board decides its not worth his time. Then again, we can continue to discuss the diameter of snowmaking pipes and which restaurant is moving into the Phoenix/Miguels this year.

I could understand if there were hundreds of posts a day, but this is just silly.

Lousy LostMarm

Oh no, there will be no rule breaking in LostMarm's little world. Get lost if you don't agree !! We don't need you or want you here ! Dare to show some pictures, or something of interest, or have an opinion that doesn't fit into a small little schoolMarm's mind and ye shall be banished ! Any point you raise will not be listened to at all, it shall be argued away and dismissed ! So get it straight, all you people out there, you will not be tolerated ! Anyone who's posts do not meet the strict guidelines of small minded people, we will ask you to leave !

Here's a list of what you can post.

Snow making discussions.
    Water pipes.
    Parking lot pictures.
    Construction updates.
    Green and blue slopes. (LostMarm specialties)
    Anything within walking distance of Marm's condo ( he lives so close to the mtn, wow)
    Any ideas on how to get rid of these pesky people who keep coming to the Valley and dare to post on this board. There has to be some way to get rid of them.

Then it will be just LostMarm, Woodless, and , and...............nobody. hmmm, why don't you 2 just e mail each other ?

Oh, and now LostMarm can threaten to quit his high paying moderator job again. Do it !! Please ! Start a poll on that.

How about a poll of just the people that have contributed photographic content....

let's see

gone.skiing - yay
    atkinson - yay
    lostone - nay

content generators win by hefty 2/3's margin!