Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ellen can go direct up the mountain or into the pond. So more capacity by taking from pond and river at same time. I believe!

Now THIS sounds like the Sugarbush I recall!!!!! After the early closing, I was getting a little worried....

Quote Originally Posted by vonski
    Ellen can go direct up the mountain or into the pond. So more capacity by taking from pond and river at same time. I believe!
    Interesting. That's huge news for ME. Good stuff.

I would imagine that even though they are using the same diameter pipe for LP, the ability to run it all full pressure more often will help things on that side as well, at least as compared to recent years.

I wonder if the pipe being replaced was purchased from the manufacturer accused of supplying defective water pipes all over the country. I think they are being sued by something like 14 states. Maybe SV can recoup the cost of this project.

I was just referring to ME. There are two water sources there. The pipe from the Van Loon pump house across from the Fayston school is what is being replaced. At LP there is one. The Mad River Pond with the water piped up the access road in an 18" steel pipe. This is the piple being replaced.

Must have been a good winter. Big summer at The Bush!

It is a big summer. While one always goes into new capital projects will some trepidation, all these projects are basic things to make sure that we have a healthy foundation for the future. The cost of construction is not likely to be this low again for some time, so it really did make sense to proceed now with the completion of the base area and replacing our main snow making arteries at both mountains. The latter won't be visible to the guest but the failure of an old pipe would be. As I mentioned in an earlier post these replacements should have a life of more than two decades since we are using good quality pipe this time.

There will be some traffic inconvenience for a couple of months both on the Access Road and German FLats. The town of Fayston is considering improvements of their own on German Flats and the town of Warren may also piggyback with out project to complete some repairs of the Access Road.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    It is a big summer. While one always goes into new capital projects will some trepidation, all these projects are basic things to make sure that we have a healthy foundation for the future. The cost of construction is not likely to be this low again for some time, so it really did make sense to proceed now with the completion of the base area and replacing our main snow making arteries at both mountains. The latter won't be visible to the guest but the failure of an old pipe would be. As I mentioned in an earlier post these replacements should have a life of more than two decades since we are using good quality pipe this time.

There will be some traffic inconvenience for a couple of months both on the Access Road and German FLats. The town of Fayston is considering improvements of their own on German Flats and the town of Warren may also piggyback with out project to complete some repairs of the Access Road.
    It is a good time to do work because people are looking for jobs and contractors are eager to deal. Great to hear that the mountain is taking the initiative by replacing these snowmaking lines now rather than bandaging them up. Last year was a good example of what can happen when they don't work....unfortunately we were behind the eight ball with regards to weather so any other downtime really, really hurt.