Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Petty Whining

Looseone

Nononononono it's not me who's crazy ! It's all the rest of you ! DON'T DARE DISAGREE OR I'LL LOCK ANOTHER THREAD ON YOU ! When will you children learn to behave ! When will you all have due respect for the wonderful JOB I am doing here !

LostSense

Boy I thought I was out of it. Ole LooseMarm is making me look good.

"This board is not a part of Sugarbush Resort. I would not expect any business to want to act this way. This is not a business. It is a hobby. I take every job seriously. Why would you volunteer for a non-paying job if you didn't intend to do it. "

This is not part of the Sugarbush resort,... ???(thanks for cluing me into the obvious)but if someone posts something in the "Sugarbush Room" - that is not actually part of the mountain - it gets move to the misc room?? Some irony there!

This is not a business?? Doesn't someone make money off the Ads that show up?? I don't have my MBA but,... I think that would make this a business.

Is part of your "volunteer agreement" with skimrv to piss off everyone here?? Most of the posts as of lately are complaints of how this site is run,... that should tell you something. Just chill out, maybe you need to go smoke a big fatty!

Lostone "We had stoke before you showed up, here. We'll have it after you leave."

Man..................that was Low............................................... ......Now I know why I thought your name was Low-stone.

The moderators of this board would make great government censorship officials in China.

'I don't like what you are saying and you seem to have a lot of support from the majority of members- so I am am going to lock you out'

Awesome.

Nothing has been censored.

A few threads were locked because there was another thread saying the same thing. A few threads were moved because their content did not apply to the room in which they were posted. All were and are accessible to any who want to view them.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I vote that this thread be moved to the elementary school board.

Looseone

This is the elementary school room, watched over by the schoolmarm, LostMarm.

The censoring police never think they are censoring, they are just doing the right thing. Burying posts, locking threads, trying to get rid of anyone with a different opinion, Looseone really does stink. OCD disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    There is not a single contributor here who is not sick of your moving threads around.
    You are incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlucas
    How about a poll of just the people that have contributed photographic content....
    let's see

gone.skiing - yay
    atkinson - yay
    lostone - nay

content generators win by hefty 2/3's margin!
    Treeskier - yay ("John I agree. One forum!" from Dressed in white thread)
    SRO - yay ("merge them, for sure, for sure" from Skimrv.com message board layout thread)

By all means keep throwing unsubstantiated statements around...

A contributor is not only someone who posts pix.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

By all means do not keep us guessing...

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Nothing has been censored.

A few threads were locked because there was another thread saying the same thing. A few threads were moved because their content did not apply to the room in which they were posted. All were and are accessible to any who want to view them.
    I'm sorry Lostone, but I strongly think you need to reconsider the thread lock policy. Unless a conversation devolves into personal attacks or becomes some sort of nuisance to the website (ie someone posting a 1000 times a day) then why stifle conversation just because its repetitive? Look back at the last several years on this board, its mostly repetitive talk about snow, snowguns, lifts, wind hold, glades, etc and you dont thread lock those, nor should you.

Take it easy on the thread lock. Yes, you have been deputized with the 'gun' for this forum, now please use it wisely, sparingly.

killing discusion

So Looseone has chased off Atkinson, Goneskiin, and killed as much discussion as possible. But he has posted a lot of parking lot pictures ! He's also posted a nice play review. What an outstanding job the lousy LostMarm is doing. Keep up the great work ! Now if only your deep thinking work here would get the appreciation it deserves. Maybe there will be less ads cluttering up the place. Certainly less wise cracking posting in the wrong place reprobates.

Re: killing discusion

Quote Originally Posted by barkbiter
    So Looseone has chased off Atkinson, Goneskiin, and killed as much discussion as possible. But he has posted a lot of parking lot pictures ! He's also posted a nice play review. What an outstanding job the lousy LostMarm is doing. Keep up the great work ! Now if only your deep thinking work here would get the appreciation it deserves. Maybe there will be less ads cluttering up the place. Certainly less wise cracking posting in the wrong place reprobates.
    But nothing can chase the bb away. So we got that going for us.

Geez, can't we all just get along. Kumbaya and whatever. I know it's still 6 months till we get skiing but why get so miffed if a thread is wantonly and unnecessarily moved. And lostone, enough already. It's obvious what you are doing is harming our little community. Go have a beer, get laid, or whatever you need to do to mellow out.

As for me, I'm going to take a hike with the wifey on the long trail. Mooses beware. I'm coming after you, hard.

Well, we're up to six pages on this issue. In the interest of full disclosure, for those that do not know I am a mod on SkiMRV's parent site, AlpineZone. That said, it seems that we get these comments every few months or so that "the mods are overmoderating," or something to that effect. In this case, it appears that we have a few people complaining that their threads were moved. It has happened to me.

Being a mod is not an enviable job. Lostone does this voluntarily and without any sort of pay because he loves Sugarbush and knows a lot of people on the mountain. He is a familiar and friendly face to those who visit Sugarbush and is quick to offer advice and help to strangers. He is also one who will take a run or two with you when he sees you. I know him personally and he is a good person. As to his role as a mod, I too have been bummed to see some of my threads moved, but I understand that he has a job to do and that it is nothing personal. If anything, moving threads to more relevant and sometimes lesser used parts of the board is part of the job as moderator because you want to spur traffic and interest in all parts of the board.

The criticism seems to be both personal and with regards to moderation. Some of it may be tongue and cheek. If it is personal, these differences are best shared face-to-face or via E-mail than through internet handles on a public board. With regards to moderation, if folks are so sensitive as to take offense to their isolated internet postings being relocated than perhaps it is time to get out and interact with real people. This is a relatively quiet board where folks normally discuss what is going on in the Valley. It is certainly not the end-all and be-all of life.