Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 96

Thread: Petty Whining

  1. #31
    (1) The site has done well in the two years before you showed up. It has grown from nothing to over 20,000 posts. Is it a TGR? No... And I think that is a good thing.

    It has certainly not been a bevy of yes-men (or women).

    People have disagreed on mountain policies.
    People have disagreed on condition reports.
    People have disagreed the weather, both coming and present.



    Most discussions have remained cordial, as when adults discuss things.


    (B) Silliness is not how I've heard anyone describe your postings. When talking to your friends, it could be described as such. You mostly don't talk to friends, here.
    .
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

    and I- I took the one less traveled by,


    And that has made all the difference.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Redwood City, California, United States
    Posts
    123
    (B) Silliness is not how I've heard anyone describe your postings. When talking to your friends, it could be described as such. You mostly don't talk to friends, here.[/quote]

    You'd be surprised Lonely scraggly Lostmarm. Go back to your lonely lunches. That's all I've ever seen of you at the mountain.

  3. #33
    Which proves how often you've seen me.
    .
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

    and I- I took the one less traveled by,


    And that has made all the difference.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Redwood City, California, United States
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Which proves how often you've seen me.
    Never saw you on a steep slope or in the woods. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bore us with more of your great storiezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  5. #35
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Behind That Tree
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by barkbiter

    Another typical Woodless approach. Everyone knows there are people like you who just want ten people on the mountain skiing, and you'd also prefer just the ten people here listening to and agreeing with your bullshit.
    Pillow -

    It's apparent that not only your social skills but also your reading comprehension and memory are in need of some help. Nearly every post I've made hear is based on a desire for the mountain to succeed. Perhaps I advocated for a larger Castlerock Pub so my ten friends and I could have more room to stretch out. Perhaps I argued that the boot/bag room in v1.0 of the new GH lodge was inadequate b/c my ten friends and I didn't have enough room for our snowblades and Ugg boots. Surely I'm passionate about improving the snowmaking system so that me and my ten friends can just have much more room to roam on the trails. With such keen insight, I'm not sure why you'd waste your time posting on this board - surely there is a higher calling for that level of intellect.

    Neither Sugarbush or skimrv.com would exist without more. So why do you bother to have a site at all if you want to do is chase people away ? Why have a site at all if you just prefer yes men ? Just post your crap on a blog have no one call you on it.
    See above. I've consistently advocated for more lively discourse here. I've argued both in public and private for a lighter hand to moderation. The record is here for you to see, if you'd bother to get out of your own way for half a nanosecond. Just b/c you've got a persecution complex and get a kick out of stirring up faux controversies, that doesn't alter the record. To put an even brighter red bow on your parade of misinformation and irrelevance, this isn't my site, never has been and I have no say in whether it continues to exist.

    If you are encouraging me to go away just cut me off. You and Lostmarm have already said you'd prefer me to go away. Just do it ! I wonder if Greg wants that. I'm sure more people are amused by my silliness than your gawd awful knowing-it-all.

    Thank goodness you guys have nothing to do with skiing and the mountain ! You'd have us all skiing trails only and only on approved days and locals only allowed.
    How did you guess?

    So were you out there skiing Sugarbush woods ? Do you ski at all ? Tell us , how did Bearclaw ski for you this year ?
    Of course! I get in line behind all the other tourists waiting to shred its pristine, out-of-the-way lines. Where else would I ski but Bear Claw and the marked woods runs? They're teh bestest!!!1111

  6. #36
    Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Just ahead of you in the woods....
    Posts
    1,823
    The length and scope of this argument totally amazes me. Even more so because I have met and talked with most of the people that are involved. Well except for Tin. All of you are intelligent, nice people in person but for some reason this whole forum administration thing just make everybody go batty.

    Is it really that big a deal or is it just a personnel thing now? I am certainly very guilty of posting in the wrong place or hijacking a thread and taking away from the topic or even the Bush altogether. But you know what? I could not care less if it gets moved. I just try to get my point across and move on.

    The only problem with this thread is the personnel attacks on the moderators. This needs to go. Sure, Tin has some very strong opinions on things and sometimes goes a little overboard. IMO. But so do other people and that is what makes it fun on here. You just listen and then debate. He takes the abuse pretty good I think.
    But Lostone has always been a gentleman to me. I see him on the hill all the time and everywhere summer and winter. He smiles and has a kind word to say. But being quiet and to himself at lunch is no crime. Hell I strive for that at myself when face with that madhouse know as Gatehouse. He does what he does with this forum and I have no problem with it. After all, it is just a forum and not life and death. Right?

    That is all. As you were.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still donít see!

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    The length and scope of this argument totally amazes me. Even more so because I have met and talked with most of the people that are involved. Well except for Tin. All of you are intelligent, nice people in person but for some reason this whole forum administration thing just make everybody go batty.

    Is it really that big a deal or is it just a personnel thing now? I am certainly very guilty of posting in the wrong place or hijacking a thread and taking away from the topic or even the Bush altogether. But you know what? I could not care less if it gets moved. I just try to get my point across and move on.

    The only problem with this thread is the personnel attacks on the moderators. This needs to go. Sure, Tin has some very strong opinions on things and sometimes goes a little overboard. IMO. But so do other people and that is what makes it fun on here. You just listen and then debate. He takes the abuse pretty good I think.
    But Lostone has always been a gentleman to me. I see him on the hill all the time and everywhere summer and winter. He smiles and has a kind word to say. But being quiet and to himself at lunch is no crime. Hell I strive for that at myself when face with that madhouse know as Gatehouse. He does what he does with this forum and I have no problem with it. After all, it is just a forum and not life and death. Right?


    That is all. As you were.
    +1.
    BB- your shtick is not funny or amusing.
    While I disagree with the quick hooks on the threads, the personal attacks are uncalled for and not entertaining at all.

  8. #38
    I vote to move the Barkbiter/Woodsman/Lostone "discussion" to a separate thread...

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    You posted something about Sunday River in the Sugarbush room and I moved it.
    And when others post the same stuff you don't...


    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Just doing my job. It is the same job, being done in the same way it was when you first showed up, here. If it was so objectionable, why did you not go elsewhere? You might not like it. Talk to my boss.

    As for TGR, we're not using their format, at the present. If that one fits your style more, feel free to post your stuff there. They won't get moved and we'll all be happier.
    Is that a royal WE? Lostone's and TW's kingdom of boot room and snowmaking debates? I will go back a check my welcome package for your JOB description.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    You know, it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.
    If you were trying to disappoint me you succeeded... I expect Lostone to continue protecting his JOB, but you seemed to actually follow the input from posters.

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing

    Those 3 extra threads really put it over the top... For comparison at the moment TGR board has 2224 (376 members & 1848 guests) users on-line and it has single Ski/ride forum...
    I have to laugh. The TGR board has 20 separate forums. If you want to discuss getting together on a particular mountain - hook up or Summit forum. What about your injuries? Gimp forum. Weather? Sorry - that's the weather forum.

    Might be helpful if you found a good example to support your points instead of one that simply generates irony.
    Single ski/ride forum is my point. Summits is barely used, roll call threads go into main forum, conditions including weather in particular areas go into main forum. Tech talk and Swap are the other ones that are in regular use. Can't recall last time a moderator moved the thread because it did not belong.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing

    Those 3 extra threads really put it over the top... For comparison at the moment TGR board has 2224 (376 members & 1848 guests) users on-line and it has single Ski/ride forum...
    I have to laugh. The TGR board has 20 separate forums. If you want to discuss getting together on a particular mountain - hook up or Summit forum. What about your injuries? Gimp forum. Weather? Sorry - that's the weather forum.

    Might be helpful if you found a good example to support your points instead of one that simply generates irony.
    Single ski/ride forum is my point. Summits is barely used, roll call threads go into main forum, conditions including weather in particular areas go into main forum. Tech talk and Swap are the other ones that are in regular use. Can't recall last time a moderator moved the thread because it did not belong.

    How many times/often has this happened to you, GS? When was the last time? Is it persisting still?

    TGR is a big site to surveil for Moderator acivity. Is it possible that some of Moserator moves slipped by unnoticed by you?

    It seems as though you feel slighted because your post was moved, and now want some type of apology.

    Restructuring the website, though pretty inconsequential to me, is at least an arguable point, but this berrating of the Moderators for moving a post because you feel there is a hierarchy of preferential treatment, I think you've covered it.

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    How many times/often has this happened to you, GS? When was the last time? Is it persisting still?
    Enough times that I do not bother with TRs here anymore.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    It seems as though you feel slighted because your post was moved, and now want some type of apology.
    I have stated pretty clearly what I am looking for: either leave TRs alone (my preferred option) or treat them all the same, which they clearly are not. I agree that we covered the latter issue, if you are curious go back to TRs from December and see for yourself.

    As for the issue of moving TRs, neither moderator has responded with what they are planning to do. From Lostone's responses it appears that moving TRs is part of his job which he will continue to do even though most of the replies were either neutral or in favor of leaving TRs in the main forum. Can you point me to a single reply which asked to continue to move TRs?

  14. #44
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Behind That Tree
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing

    I have stated pretty clearly what I am looking for: either leave TRs alone (my preferred option) or treat them all the same, which they clearly are not. I agree that we covered the latter issue, if you are curious go back to TRs from December and see for yourself.

    As for the issue of moving TRs, neither moderator has responded with what they are planning to do. From Lostone's responses it appears that moving TRs is part of his job which he will continue to do even though most of the replies were either neutral or in favor of leaving TRs in the main forum. Can you point me to a single reply which asked to continue to move TRs?
    They are treated all the same. Any perceived differences are based on judgment calls. Since we are human, sometimes we get it right and sometimes we don't. Your conflation of that human condition into some vast conspiracy against your TRs is beyond ridiculous and really doesn't merit a serious response.

    So long as the board is set up as it currently it, that IS his job and I suspect that TRs which are deemed to be in an inappropriate location will continue be moved. Lostone and I do not have the ability to change the structure on our own. I'll be happy to set up a poll asking people whether they'd like a single skiing forum while keeping everything else in place (Miscellaneous Forum, Site Feedback and MRV Non-skiing Forum). If there is a clear desire to combine things, we can pass that information along to Greg and he will make a decision of whether he wants to change it. It's his site - we're just keeping things tidy.

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    How many times/often has this happened to you, GS? When was the last time? Is it persisting still?
    Enough times that I do not bother with TRs here anymore.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    It seems as though you feel slighted because your post was moved, and now want some type of apology.
    I have stated pretty clearly what I am looking for: either leave TRs alone (my preferred option) or treat them all the same, which they clearly are not. I agree that we covered the latter issue, if you are curious go back to TRs from December and see for yourself.

    As for the issue of moving TRs, neither moderator has responded with what they are planning to do. From Lostone's responses it appears that moving TRs is part of his job which he will continue to do even though most of the replies were either neutral or in favor of leaving TRs in the main forum. Can you point me to a single reply which asked to continue to move TRs?
    Fair enough, GS. However, I hope that you do post TRs again as I enjoy all TRs especially those with pics and vid. But being a slackass in the TR department myself, I can't criticize anyone for not posting.

    I assume that no one would be interested in hearing about my adventures on Snowball anyway.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ski Gear | Snowboard Gear | Cycling Gear | Camping/Hiking Gear | Ski & Snowboard Racks | Gear Outlet | Men's Clothing | Women's Clothing | Kids' Clothing

Ski Vermont | Whiteface / Gore Message Boards