Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    Any updates?
    Construction Update: September 24th, 2010
    Children’s Building (The Schoolhouse)
    The drywall is just about complete on level 1 and finishing has started! There will be color on the walls very shortly. Drywall is progressing at a rapid rate on level 2 and finishing has already started. All the drywall in this building will be complete early next week. This starts the final finish stage of the project with painting, millwork and trim and flooring installation looming on the horizon. The exterior siding material arrived on site yesterday and it is already being installed. The stone veneer installation has started and will continue over the next week or so.

Adult Building (The Farmhouse)
    The blitz is on! The electrical subcontractor has twenty men working on roughing in and are they ever getting it done well! The mechanical crews are working very hard and everyone is right on schedule or even ahead! Drywall will start early next week and the drywall in the entire building will be completed in less than two work weeks. The siding material for this building is due on site by week’s end and it’s installation will begin next week.

Sitework
    If you see what you think is a bunch of red snakes on site do not panic. That is just some of the five miles (yes that is correct FIVE MILES) of snow melt tubing being installed! Concrete crews are schedule to begin the race against winter weather next week. We are all looking forward to seeing the new lanes and walks with their fine exposed aggregate surfaces. The boulder retaining walls will be going in right behind the concrete (as soon as it cures) and the spaces between the buildings and walkways will begin to take their final shape as the landscaping work starts.

Overall, the project is progressing on schedule and is taking shape quickly with outstanding quality.

Mark E. Selig
    Project Superintendent
    Pizzagalli Construction Company

The last video blog was on Sept 16th, if you haven't seen it it's worth checking out.
    http://www.sugarbush.com/content/res...&id=1228#press
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    Any updates?
    Construction Update: September 24th, 2010
    Children’s Building (The Schoolhouse)
    The drywall is just about complete on level 1 and finishing has started! There will be color on the walls very shortly. Drywall is progressing at a rapid rate on level 2 and finishing has already started. All the drywall in this building will be complete early next week. This starts the final finish stage of the project with painting, millwork and trim and flooring installation looming on the horizon. The exterior siding material arrived on site yesterday and it is already being installed. The stone veneer installation has started and will continue over the next week or so.

Adult Building (The Farmhouse)
    The blitz is on! The electrical subcontractor has twenty men working on roughing in and are they ever getting it done well! The mechanical crews are working very hard and everyone is right on schedule or even ahead! Drywall will start early next week and the drywall in the entire building will be completed in less than two work weeks. The siding material for this building is due on site by week’s end and it’s installation will begin next week.

Sitework
    If you see what you think is a bunch of red snakes on site do not panic. That is just some of the five miles (yes that is correct FIVE MILES) of snow melt tubing being installed! Concrete crews are schedule to begin the race against winter weather next week. We are all looking forward to seeing the new lanes and walks with their fine exposed aggregate surfaces. The boulder retaining walls will be going in right behind the concrete (as soon as it cures) and the spaces between the buildings and walkways will begin to take their final shape as the landscaping work starts.

Overall, the project is progressing on schedule and is taking shape quickly with outstanding quality.

Mark E. Selig
    Project Superintendent
    Pizzagalli Construction Company

The last video blog was on Sept 16th, if you haven't seen it it's worth checking out.
    http://www.sugarbush.com/content/res...&id=1228#press

Snow melt tubing? WTF? there is just something inherently wrong with melting snow on purpose. I think I'm going to be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Snow melt tubing? WTF? there is just something inherently wrong with melting snow on purpose. I think I'm going to be sick.
    Howie, you had me. I saw Snow melt tubing and thought I was reading the thread for family activities. I thought, how cool! Like pond skimming with tubes! Then I read the construction info and realized to what you were referring!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Hey Howie,
    They are just trying to reduce the slip and fall potentials. We know you litigation guys like to see folks slipping! But keep them walks clear is all so important!!!!

Everything is on schedule! Take a look at the video on the front page of our website. Yes, there are many good reasons for having snowmelt but the primary reason is the safety of our guests. It is expensive but worth it. I wish I had put it in when we poured the cement in the Gate House plaza.

I was joking of course. I know a lot of manpower goes into keeping the concourse safe.

I thought so, but the red snakes were getting sensitive. They want to get covered up soon.

We were scheduled for a pour tomorrow, but we will see what the weather brings. Fortunately, both buildings are water tight so work will continue despite the forthcoming monsoon. The weekend looks good though.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    I thought so, but the red snakes were getting sensitive. They want to get covered up soon.

We were scheduled for a pour tomorrow, but we will see what the weather brings. Fortunately, both buildings are water tight so work will continue despite the forthcoming monsoon. The weekend looks good though.
    gotta fill up those snowmaking ponds.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Quote Originally Posted by win

gotta fill up those snowmaking ponds.
    I was in West Dover yesterday and streams were really low. So, this rain should be good. Hope this track keeps up for the winter though.

All of the picture updates of the progress on the Farmhouse and the Schoolhouse have been wonderful, but it is going to be a treat for many of us to finally see them with our own eyes this weekend.

And it is really pretty wild when you think about the fact that many of "those in the know" are on the fence of wanting winter to come in early in order to meet the planned estimated subject to Mother Nature November 20th mountain opening, but not so early that Mother Nature might possibly affect the completion of the two new buildings.

But, having been involved professionally in many construction projects, things look far enough along that any early freeze should not hold up completion of the exterior site and landcaping work. The real concern now should only be long periods of extended heavy rains prior to any freeze. But, that will never happen in MRV.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

In case you haven't seen it yet, I have some shots of the new entry plaza and buildings on shadyjay.com.

Check 'em out here and enjoy....

http://shadyjayvt.blogspot.com/2010/...coln-peak.html

thanks for the new pictures. the buildings are looking really good. i like the colors and general theme of the exteriors.