Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

What interim village?

The rental building sections, which were the last parts of the interim village are in the lower parking lot. Two of them have started their journey home. The last two await the return of their tractors and accompanying cars.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Pictures.....please....

Just for you...

The Temporary Village is gone

Packed up and ready to go

Today's adventure was that as I was heading down to get some provisions for the coming blizzard, the last two trailers pulled out in front of me. I was about to follow them down the access road, but I decided to take German Flats, instead.

I have a few other pix, but I've not taken a lot of pix out of my camera, this year.

Oh... and it is snowing like crazy, up here, now.

All i can say is WOW. thanks so much lostone - i sent you a pm!
    keep the pictures coming!

So what's cookin with the new buildings this week?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Moving dirt.

Still working on the site. My pix will be a little behind the progress, as it takes a little time for me to get around to getting the pix out of my camera.

5/7

5/12

As you can see, I'm wandering around looking for the best place for good views. I'll know what the right place is, after the building is done.

And from yesterday...

5/17

Lostone - Thanks for the pictures, awesome! Any idea what they are doing with the heli lot?

Others would have more info than I, but I think it will be a staging area, for now.

The building begins...

Anyone got a link for the

site plan. I saw on the SB website a blurb and images of the buildings. But is there one of those neat-o birds eye plans anywhere that shows orientation of the new building "footprints" as they will appear next to the existing parking lots, CB, etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    The building begins...

Great stuff, Lostone!

That looks like the foundation for the children's bldg based on placement. Looks like the adult rentals/ticketing bldg area has been flattened and is ready to be built up now as well. Are they on the same grade or is the adult bldg higher up? Hard to tell from this angle.

smootharc -

IIRC, renderings with the views you mention were promised as at the time of the presser, but I haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

I am going to be up for 4 days over memorial day. I will take you mountian bike over to the site trailer and harras the site super. I will let you know what I here. Seems to be going a little slow. I would have thought that they would have the foundation work flying by now on both buildings. We will see.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    The building begins...

Great stuff, Lostone!

That looks like the foundation for the children's bldg based on placement. Looks like the adult rentals/ticketing bldg area has been flattened and is ready to be built up now as well. Are they on the same grade or is the adult bldg higher up? Hard to tell from this angle.

smootharc -

IIRC, renderings with the views you mention were promised as at the time of the presser, but I haven't seen any evidence of that yet.
    To answer my own question, the latest video posted on the website clearly shows that the Skier Services Bldg (SSB?) is at a higher grade than the CAC - maybe by about 4-5 feet. Of course, it's hard to tell with half the video consisting of a promotion to go play golf and eat at the clubhouse. I'm sure that's what everyone is tuning in to hear about.

The building begins...

Great stuff, Lostone!

smootharc -

To answer my own question, the latest video posted on the website clearly shows that the Skier Services Bldg (SSB?) is at a higher grade than the CAC - maybe by about 4-5 feet. Of course, it's hard to tell with half the video consisting of a promotion to go play golf and eat at the clubhouse. I'm sure that's what everyone is tuning in to hear about.
    I have a terrible time visualizing this kind of thing, but how does the regrading allow easier access to the snow without raising the street level?