Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Well, it has been a pretty rainy week. I didn't get to wander around very much, so there weren't any pix.

Things changed the other day, and I'm back to work.

8/26, early evening:

8/27

And it is supposed to be a great weekend!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Cafe and waffle hut...

Has anyone given any thought to where the waffle hut is going to live? My guess is that it hasn't been the most pressing concern during construction, but I'm curious. Also, I assume we'll be able to get a decent cup of coffee in the new cafe. It would be nice to be able to get an espresso or something other than a pump thermos of this mornings brew. It would also be nice to be able to get a cup of coffee after skiing without wading into the crowd in the apre-beer spots. I hope the cafe will have enough business to be open after skiing. Is there a bakery in the valley that can provide pastries and snacks?

When my wife I skied Crystal a couple of years ago they had a Coffee/Expresso shop right on the hill. It was Great! After lunch when you got that sluggish feeling from the food coma, you skied over and got a double cappachino and BOOM, back into action. It was perfect. I hope they do the same thing.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Re: Cafe and waffle hut...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    Has anyone given any thought to where the waffle hut is going to live? My guess is that it hasn't been the most pressing concern during construction, but I'm curious. Also, I assume we'll be able to get a decent cup of coffee in the new cafe. It would be nice to be able to get an espresso or something other than a pump thermos of this mornings brew. It would also be nice to be able to get a cup of coffee after skiing without wading into the crowd in the apre-beer spots. I hope the cafe will have enough business to be open after skiing. Is there a bakery in the valley that can provide pastries and snacks?
    Looking at the pictures above, it seems there will be plenty of space between the Farmhouse and GH lift to place a Waffle House - perhaps even more than existed before form the old fence line to the lift.

Good questions: re the Sunrise Cafe. It's name makes me think it could be an AM only venue but I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    When my wife I skied Crystal a couple of years ago they had a Coffee/Expresso shop right on the hill. It was Great! After lunch when you got that sluggish feeling from the food coma, you skied over and got a double cappachino and BOOM, back into action. It was perfect. I hope they do the same thing.

try clif shot blocs. some of the flavors have caffeine, not all, but they are an instant pick me up.

as for the waffle house, I for one hope they find someplace for it. When we have friends up, the kids always cite the waffles as one of their favorite parts of the mtn experience. getting some sugar into the little ones goes a long way to keeping them happy.

I said before, I think there is going to be significantly more usable room behind the GH lift. having been at the mtn yesterday, it looks like there is at least twice as much room there.

FWIW-the new buildings are really starting to take shape. looking good and they should give some scale to claybrook.

ok, maybe I'm thinking about this too much but this is what I had in mind...

With WIFI and some local food and pasteries, I think this place could be really popular.

Depends upon how hot the Barista girls are foaming the milk! as to the popularity!

Quote Originally Posted by Benski
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk

try clif shot blocs. some of the flavors have caffeine, not all, but they are an instant pick me up.

as for the waffle house, I for one hope they find someplace for it. When we have friends up, the kids always cite the waffles as one of their favorite parts of the mtn experience. getting some sugar into the little ones goes a long way to keeping them happy.

I said before, I think there is going to be significantly more usable room behind the GH lift. having been at the mtn yesterday, it looks like there is at least twice as much room there.

FWIW-the new buildings are really starting to take shape. looking good and they should give some scale to claybrook.
    Howie I here you on the Shot blocks because I use them all the time. I gave up on GU because it doesn't sit well with me. But I am a HUGE Expresso/Cappachino drinker and would much prefer that over energy supplements. Ahhh the simple pleasures in life.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Waffle House will be on the northside of Gate House. Sunrise will be more than am.

Thanks, Win. That's good to know. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new stuff in the fall.

Last week was... a little warm. Instead of hiking and playing disc golf, I switched to swimming. Didn't take any pix, but work continued.

The weekend, I had friends visiting, and spent time with them. They left yesterday and I started back to wandering around.

9/6

9/7

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

The Gatehouse Chair never looked so good as in the second to last picture.

But, it will look a lot better when walking out the rear door of the new building to get in line (of course, I am hoping for a short line & Win & Crew will be looking for a long line) for some skiing.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

We are hoping for short lines too if everyone doesn't arrive at 10am and all the lifts are running and many are skiing the woods and also enjoying Mount Ellen.

Win
    I will be your straight man any time. SB does an amazing job of dispersing skiers here, there and everywhere. See you in the woods.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

9/12/10 Photos

Click to enlarge