Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Checked out the scene this afternoon. Base looks great. So happy to see the crp open all day. I see a burger in my near future there.
    There should be a lot more useable space between the gh lift corral and the back of the new building.

Can't see how there will be any new space. I think most of the level of the lift will be what it was.

I know there are plans to regrade part of the area to increase space for little ones. (And maybe never evers?) That is a need that has been there for a while.

Progress, from Yesterday's view:

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I think there is at least 10-15 feet from where the cliff was/is to the back of the new building which will be filled in and level.

Losty - once again - THANK YOU! from all of us slaves in Jersey caves, appreciate the updates/pictures - keep them coming.

In the last picture it looks like grass growing really well on the gravel parking lot behind the staging area. Is that going to grass or is it just summer growth?

That area isn't gravel. That is why it is unable to be used when it gets too warm. It turns to a mud bog.

Now it is grass, as we've had... a little rain.

thank you

Didn't get out in that direction, much, last week. But here is where we stand, today:

Haven't been able to get over to the right place for a while.

Got there yesterday. Much progress since the last shot.

thanks.

actually thought the framing would be done by now.

It appears that ticketing is moving to the new building. What is to become of the ticket office in the GH lodge???

The info I heard is that will be the Guest Services desk.

We will probably move Guest Services in the GH to where tickets were last season and use the counter space for other purposes - possibly the photo service. This is not yet finalized.

This week the framers will be starting and the roof trusses are scheduled to start arriving next week and Kingsbury will be doing a lot of site work around both buildings once that SD Ireland is finished with the cement pours for the slabs on the first floor of both buildings this week.

ticket counter...

I hope there is an alternative ticketing area that is not down by the parking lot. Right now it's a big pain if you get a call on the radio from a friend who needs some sort of ticketing help and you have to ski to the base and then stomp all the way to the current ticket window from the lifts. At least most of the general public is not inside at the counter (some are down by the parking lot or outside.) If we have to go all the way down to the parking lot level it's going to be a major pain. Maybe guest services could do some of the ticket/pass maintenance that we now do at the counter?

I believe the ticketing is planned for the skier services building, and I believe that is the building that lets out (lets in?) onto the snow behind the Gatehouse lift.