Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a webcam

I forget which mountain has it but there is a webcam that lets web users control it for 30 second intervals.

Squaw:

http://www.squaw.com/winter/squawubercam.html

Alpine Meadows used to have one. I'm sure there are more.

Quote Originally Posted by klop
    I forget which mountain has it but there is a webcam that lets web users control it for 30 second intervals.

Squaw:

http://www.squaw.com/winter/squawubercam.html

Alpine Meadows used to have one. I'm sure there are more.
    Mammoth has that as well, with cams on top of 2 of the base lodges and the mid-mountain lodge too.

Re: Need a webcam

Quote Originally Posted by muddy_hollow
    With all of the activity happening at the bush this summer, it would be great if there were some way to see the progress via the web. Are there any plans on having a web cam to see the construction process in action?

Very excited about the expansion plans!
    Getting back to the OP, why not just install one for this off-season somewhere on CB looking down upon the construction site? What a great way to keep the SB family up to speed on the status of this incredibly important expansion! These buildings have been awaited for many years - shine the light in and let the world see your progress! If you don't want to have it operational during the winter, that's disappointing, but perhaps having it this summer as a test bed would be a reasonable first step?

Okay, I went to the Mad River site today to check the webcam and there was lots of melt already! So, I went to the Sugarbush site to check temps. 60 degrees. then I noticed in the bottom left hand corner the video with JJ showing off the start of construction. So, I guess this will be the answer to the webcam as there is supposed to be weekly updates.

Is that video somewhere else on the site too! Because it is real small and not a big Picture at all. I usually figure out how to enlarge these videos or find them elsewhere, but missing it on this one. Hope it is not just that little video picture.

+1 for some web cams. Trick is weatherizing the location, to counter ice build-up or fog. Other than that, none too complicated or expensive...I mean even the shareholders at MRG appreciate its value and pony up the funds. Maybe it's their way of accommodating Regulation FD ("Full Disclosure"!) for their shareholders.

The real-time feedback simply cannot be beat, and is increasingly in demand.
    Contra arguements swim against the tide, and quickly take on a certain Luddite-esqueness.

Even good ole Alta puts their several year-round cams on the front page. OK, 500"+ annual avg snowfall may help but that's really not the point here.
    www.alta.com
    and so does www.snowbird.com who with their 24-hour snowcam is a leader in this area of Full Disclosure and Stoke-ness.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

You know with all the techy millionaire trustifarians at the Bush, you would think that someone could bust out a free set up and get this thing going. There is wireless internet everywhere around the base area so connectivity is not a problem. All we need is a volunteer, a location and permission. You know " Web Cam sponsored by...."
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    You know with all the techy millionaire trustifarians at the Bush, you would think that someone could bust out a free set up and get this thing going. There is wireless internet everywhere around the base area so connectivity is not a problem. All we need is a volunteer, a location and permission. You know " Web Cam sponsored by...."
    I'll set it up and configure it..

I will watch it!

Oh thank you Colorado Dirt. I have been hoping someone with a decent view of the mtn would finally bypass mgmt's resistance to a real time web cam. If I want real time, I have to interpolate from several other lives sources which is really silly.

I will watch it every day....

Kindly, sign me up.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    Oh thank you Colorado Dirt. I have been hoping someone with a decent view of the mtn would finally bypass mgmt's resistance to a real time web cam. If I want real time, I have to interpolate from several other lives sources which is really silly.
    Sorry, I'm over on west hill rd with no mountain view about 4 minutes away. I'm happy to give you guys access to my security cam which can be aimed outside to see current conditions (or in my house). If you see a burgler you have to call the cops though

Colorado Dirt, I'll take it and the security job too. Maybe you could add a thermometer to the view to. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    Colorado Dirt, I'll take it and the security job too. Maybe you could add a thermometer to the view to. thanks!
    Will do, I will have that all set this coming fall