So.... What'd you think?

Was that spring skiing?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Summer skiing! I've not seen a spring day at Sugarbush as busy as Saturday. Friday was busy too. Some pics:

I skied Friday, what a day. Ran into a few midweek passholders who wanted to know where the crowds came from on Friday. Politely reminded them it was Good Friday. And Good it was. Looking at the pictures of Ripcord the brown spots were not there Friday. "I am Melting cried the wicked witch of the West".
    May have been my last day and if it was it was incredible! There was a roar on the mountain after Bravo stopped. It was not snow guns it was rivers flowing. And the warm weather continues. What a season despite the overall lack of snow!

that was insane. fun, fun, fun. Made one last run down paradise saturday, which was interesting. special thanks to Jay for building and maintaining the launching pad at HG.

The run that was the most fun on Friday was Moonshine. The water was breaking through the snow and flowing over the slushy ice. I was waterskiing spraying water and gliding like pond skimming. It was sweet and crazy Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    that was insane. fun, fun, fun. Made one last run down paradise saturday, which was interesting. special thanks to Jay for building and maintaining the launching pad at HG.

It wasn't easy... Friday and Saturday mornings when we got to the lift, we found bare wood where the ramp should be. It took several of us to harvest snow from areas around the lift in order to make a surface. And then maintaining it throughout the day was a day-long chore. But from the look on people's faces, I don't think our work went unnoticed and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

I was a little surprised with the crowd on Friday... it wasn't until 2:30 or so when I realized it was Good Friday - prior to that I thought everyone played hooky for the day.

And Saturday oh yes was busy. Talking with other lifts throughout the day, I heard we were the most "hopping" (no pun intended).

Glad everyone had a good time - if I don't see y'all between now and the end, enjoy the summer and see ya again in November. In the meantime, we're still going strong - get it before its gone!

Shady- Great talking to you this winter. My wife and I are going to LA to work for the next two years, so leaving the valley after 30 years will be tough. We will be back, not to worry.
    north lynx 14

5 trails, but still some good skiing out there.

They did a great job on the passage, on Snowball. Spring Fling was great. Stein's was ... peeling.

The base was much more solid, but there was a nice layer of corn topping. More in the afternoon... more corn.

Tomorrow? A little warmer.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

You forgot about the 1 inch of snow this morning.

I skied from 9-12. The grooming was great and no crowds. The wind was cold.

Within the first 30 minutes they had to sled someone down Stein's because he fell on the ice and hurt his shoulder. I did not ski Stein's. I will be back tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for opening!

Still a lot of depth on Stein's today and Snowball and Spring Fling have good cover too, so we will be staying open everyday until we can't. Day look like they will be in the 50's and nights in the 30's so we should hang on to the snow we have left for several days at least. We are going to start running the Valley House chair tomorrow instead of Bravo to spare everyone the traverse and also have some snow to farm over to Snowball. Happy Spring skiing for awhile longer. There are only three Vermont areas open after today, so let your friends know that only Sugarbush has Stein's.