Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TYVM

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    TYVM
    Alright, really confused now!

Update - 4/7:
    The small red "barn" adjacent to the former ticket booth (adult lessons bldg?) is now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    Does anyone ever give IMDO? For those playing that's a dishonest opinion. If so what would be the point? Just curious.

So here's a solution. Don't bring your kids into the bar. But as I've read from a number of people who have kids they sometimes enjoy an adult beverage after a day of skiing and dragging them into the CRP which is tightly packed and people pushing and shoving is not the best option. That leaves them drinking in the cafeteria which looks like a lot of fun......... What I was suggesting was having a building that has kids entertainment (i.e. video games or something, etc) in the same building but not necessarily the same room. That way parents can have a beer and little Johnny and Susy can be entertained in a safe environment close at hand.

But hey I don't even have kids so IMHAHOIJTTFASFSPBIRDGARA Come on!!! Everyone knows that one. In my honest and humble opinion I'm just trying to find a solution for some people but I really don't give a rat's ass.
    More or less I was agreeing with you because I think there should be an option.
    There is an option: If you have kids don't drink & If you drink, don't have kids. Simple.

Valley Reporter story. But it sure loaded slooowly, for me.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

How about turning the VH into a more family friendly apres environment Just a thought, but keep the cafeteria in there, reopen the mushroom bar and turn the Wonderbar into a game room for kids. Kids can run around, play video games etc, while parents can enjoy a few pops in the bar overlooking the base lodge. Kids are kept busy and are close by so parents aren't worried and can kick back and enjoy a few more. Then the CRP, which isn't exactly conducive to shorties running around at foot level, can be more of an adults only scene. Slap in a magic carpet up there from the bottom of that building for the really lazy or those who have multiple kids in tow and you have a functioning environment that's easy to get to and meets a need that is currently not being fulfilled. If there's extra space add the lockers and a club room. I think it has potential and I'd hate to see it torn down.

While I'm tossing ideas out like midgets in an Australian bar how about making the deck outside Timbers a bit larger? I know that the patio outside CRP is opened up, but it doesn't exactly have the best view. Widen up the section outside Timbers. I always see people crammed out there on warm days or sitting on the stone wall. If there was a decent size space you could put more chairs out there, tables, and maybe some propane heaters to extend the outdoor drinking range.
    Ouch please don't turn the Wunderbar into a play room. The Wunderbar is still my favorite bar. Its on the mountain, has nice views of the mountain, has very few kids, and has a small but nice deck. I personally can't stand the Castle Rock Pub. Who wants to cram into a dark basement after a beautiful day of skiing? And yes technically it is a walk out basement so don't tell me its not. I am really happy to hear the Valley House will stick around for awhile and it wouldn't take much to make it a litle nicer.

Fair enough EX. I guess my post was more about the fact that there is potential for another kind of apres experience that is not being met at this time. My buddy was reminiscing how his family would go skiing, get some apps in the bar and hang out some. They'd feed him a couple dollars at a time to go play games so he'd have to come back every so often to get more. It created a regular check in with the adults situation. It just seemed like a good idea and something lacking. So whether they turn the Wunderbar, Mushroom, offices, caf space or storage space into this it doesn't matter to me.

Here's a new rumor. I heard they might move the Wunderbar down to the old Mushroom space?

Today, my last day of the season, I went into the "sprung" structure for the very first and last time to help out with demo/cleaning up/loading up. Demos almost done inside - look for it to most likely fall soon. The 45th Anniversary gondola has been moved to the upper plaza.

The status of the interim village has changed dramatically in the past few days - from a fully functional unit last weekend to a fraction of its former self today. I really can't wait to see the finished project in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Here's a new rumor. I heard they might move the Wunderbar down to the old Mushroom space?
    That's the problem with this place. Too many unsubstantiated rumors from crackpots on the Internet hiding behind fictional names.

Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by win
    I always thought that space was under utilized even before Phaze 1. Not sure how I would feel if the wunderbar was moved there.. I still like to be able to look up the mountain, but I would give the mushroom bar a chance as long as there is enough room and you could still access the Wunderbar area and the deck and be able to drink beers there...???

Remember when?

This is when the era of temporary buildings in the base area started, c 1995 when ASC began its transformation of the base area. Note several buildings which were later destined to become part of the interim village. I still miss the clock tower.

We've come a long way!

The above pic is from 1998/1999. The The Cape Cod building to the right of the entrance to Gatehouse is the Season Pass Office and was moved there from it's location bottom left of the Gatehouse base area in 1998 when it was the Grand Summit Hotel Sales Office. Once they dropped the idea of building the Grand Summit Hotel had to utilize and move it somewhere.

Also the balloon extension room you can see on the right side of Gate House and behind the Season Pass building was put in by ASC in 1998. The Interim Village wasn't put together until the beginning of the the construction phase of the new LP base area a few years after Win et al bought the Bush.

The "red barn" building isn't exactly gone as it currently parked behind CB1.

The clocktower was really cool, here is a pic during New Years Eve fireworks in 1996 when they were shot from the area which is now parking lot section D just above the CB1 building.

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Nice rememberance. I believe hese temporary buildings were put in by ASC in this location. We moved them to the Interim Village as was said when we built Clay Brook and the new Gate House lodge which were finished in December 2006. We gave the green house to Habit for Humanity in 2005 and they completed a renovation and it is now the home a family in Warren. The Red School house was moved behind CB-1 and is being used for storage, and the white ticket building which we built in the summer of 2005 has been stored behind the SHARC and will be used somewhere one day. Say goodbye to the Sprung. It starts coming down today and will be sold. It served its purpose well.

I knew that pic was after 98. I bought my condo in March of 98 and I was hiking in the off season when I saw the building of the tent.

Also, they might be hidden by the bottom-right of the pic, but the GE trailers might have been there, or might have been put in early. Pretty sure the Magic Carpet was just beyond the bottom-left.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

The carpet is in the wider view, I tried to get a good overall of the base and this was from a video I recorded on my computer that plays regularly on RSN at 10:40 and 3:40... its at the end of the Skiing in Vermont history video, which no longer has flat music.