Sugarbush Build Out??

What is the latest on the development of the base area? Is that a dead issue now? Is there anything new planned during the summer?

The silence is deafening. If this was going to happen this year, I would think we would have heard something about it already. It is practically April and shovels would have to be going into the ground shortly.

I think it is safe to say not this season. Pass rates stayed the same. No fanfare. Credit is still tough.

more going on than you might think

Design is complete, bid packages are out, bids may or may not be in. (my info is a couple of weeks old). Will the next phase get built this summer?---I couldn't say,...financing is terrible, but construction costs are favorable. I'd guess the MT has had a decent year financially, despite the economy and mediocre snow conditions. There is a logic to getting ready for the coming economic rebound in order to maximize the forthcoming ROI. The ALC programs are booming and this was to be the prime focus of the next phase, I believe. The next phase requires considerable site work, so if earth moving equipment shows up in April, we'll know the answer.

I saw a public notice in the Valley Reporter a while back referring to a Warren Development review board meeting for "Application 2008-13-SD/PRD/CU, Revisions to an Approved Site Plan & Conditional Use" and got my hopes up.

See: http://www.warrenvt.org/depts/drb/20...D.0020037..pdf

Unfortunately the minutes for 2010 meetings are not posted so who knows what this was really about.

With the silence I'd given up hope for this year. I guess after the last two years, they'd want to keep quite unless it was definite go. Can only cry wolf so many times and have people take you seriously.

STAY TUNED!

Quote Originally Posted by win
    STAY TUNED!
    Now there is a post to break the silence! Would be the ultimate in under-promise and over-deliver!
    Good luck pulling it off!

Quote Originally Posted by teleo
    I saw a public notice in the Valley Reporter a while back referring to a Warren Development review board meeting for "Application 2008-13-SD/PRD/CU, Revisions to an Approved Site Plan & Conditional Use" and got my hopes up.

See: http://www.warrenvt.org/depts/drb/20...D.0020037..pdf

Unfortunately the minutes for 2010 meetings are not posted so who knows what this was really about.

With the silence I'd given up hope for this year. I guess after the last two years, they'd want to keep quite unless it was definite go. Can only cry wolf so many times and have people take you seriously.
    Good catch.

Nice to see they're 86ing the Discovery Center, which was a useless sales bldg taking up valuable space. Will be interesting to see what the modifications look like one they're ready to go public again.