Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walden
    Great day on the mountain yesterday; great crowds . Heaven's Gate was busy,but quite manageable with Shady Jay running the show.
    Thanks, John, but I do have considerable help with the show - its a collaborative effort between the 3 of us, and a supervisor did lend a hand assisting with the crowd control.

Today, the popular phrase in the morning was something on the lines of "a far cry from yesterday". My day started out with a firm run down Downspout at 7:45, 26 degree temp at the bottom of HG at 8am, some snow of varying textures and intensities falling from the sky, and then, miraculously, it warmed up to the 50s and the sun came out and the snow softened. While we got some comments as to why we were waxing our boards in the morning, that move was welcomed by 4pm with a high speed romp down Lower Downspout to Coffee Run.

And it looks like after a couple days of some NCP, winter will make a comeback at the end of the week with (at least) some cold, which should help out with the grooming a little better.

Patience certainly paid off, today. Spent a little more time on Gatehouse than normally. Wandered over to Bravo, Only had one run before the Dummy Big Air. Took Snowball, which I'd been told was solid. Didn't think it was too bad.

Watched the Dummies, had lunch, then went out for just a few more. Started back down Snowball, again. It was really nice. Lower Organgrinder? Nice again.

Suddenly, a ski day broke out.

Got on the last lift right at 4:00.

I'd like to complain that my ski in - ski out has been badly broken, this week.

But what a week!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I'd like to complain that my ski in - ski out has been badly broken, this week.

But what a week!

I saw that when I was leaving this afternoon as well. And even if I did ride back to my condo from the top of Gate House via Village Run, there'd be a few "technical" spots to get around.

But you really couldn't beat the weather we had last week... just would've been nicer to have it a couple of weeks later. But its not over yet!