Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Re: Weather 2/15

Is it a mirage? is there actually snow in the forecast? I figured it's been so long, it deserves it's own thread.

AMEN!!!!! BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(even though if it comes Tuesday, I will only ride it that one run, but maybe, just maybe, it'll stick to the ramp better than the granular we got now)

I told you all ; be patient it's coming! I had friends at Jackson Hole last week; tons of powder. Same week friends at Winter Park; saw 5 inches all week. Strange winter.
    north lynx 14

Lets hope this storm blows up soon cause it looks to be dying on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by vonski
    It is snowing nicely down here west of Boston. Here is hoping it pushes into MRV!
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan
    Quote Originally Posted by vonski
    It is snowing nicely down here west of Boston. Here is hoping it pushes into MRV!
    Getting there painfully slow. watching the radar, snowing good again just outside Hartford CT.

Been dumping most of the afternoon here west of beantown. Hopefully it moves northward.
    north lynx 14

Quote Originally Posted by Benski
    Did it snow yet?
    On and off snow showers for the past few days unfortunately amounted to a dusting or so...

A fellow lifty called it on the accumulation front... 0-5" he predicted. It was snowing moderately when we left HG on Tuesday, but an hour or so later, it had ceased. And it was about that time when I got a call from a friend in CT saying it had been snowing for the past 12+ hours.

Honestly, what do we need to do to get it to snow HERE???

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    Did it snow yet?
    On and off snow showers for the past few days unfortunately amounted to a dusting or so...

A fellow lifty called it on the accumulation front... 0-5" he predicted. It was snowing moderately when we left HG on Tuesday, but an hour or so later, it had ceased. And it was about that time when I got a call from a friend in CT saying it had been snowing for the past 12+ hours.

Whats up Jay. I'm the guy that asked you where you got your nickname (red camo jacket).

My proposed solution considering forecast models are now giving us a the potential for a major event coming up this week:

Especially since:
    Begging for it hasn't worked
    Snow dancing has been less than effective
    optimism has come back to bite us
    and the powers that be have clear intention on not giving us what we want this season

I think we should try a good ol' pessimistic reverse psychology. So when snow comes up in conversation this week, just say you've written off this winter and am really looking forward to a warm spring and fishing. Actually, I'm pretty sick of the cold weather.. or something like that. Maybe we'll get "spited"

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    Did it snow yet?

Whats up Jay. I'm the guy that asked you where you got your nickname (red camo jacket).

My proposed solution considering forecast models are now giving us a the potential for a major event coming up this week:

Especially since:
    Begging for it hasn't worked
    Snow dancing has been less than effective
    optimism has come back to bite us
    and the powers that be have clear intention on not giving us what we want this season

I think we should try a good ol' pessimistic reverse psychology. So when snow comes up in conversation this week, just say you've written off this winter and am really looking forward to a warm spring and fishing. Actually, I'm pretty sick of the cold weather.. or something like that. Maybe we'll get "spited"
    I don't know about what will be this week, but the skiing the last few days has been great. now I have to go get a live chicken to slaughter...

Shady- Keep the current forecast coming the next few days. I have relatives up this week and hoping the mountain cooperates for them. I heard Friday was a bear of a day!

Right now I am planning on mid week should or could be epic!
    north lynx 14

Today couldn't have been a nicer day on the hill... temps in the 30s at mid mountain and the sun was out. The snow was soft and a lot of fun and the holiday crowds are behind us... that means very nice midweek ski-right-on-the-lift conditions. Now looking to what's ahead, I've checked Accuweather and they are saying 2-3 feet possible, between Tuesday and the time it wraps up sometime Saturday. However the WIND word is mentioned several times, but temps are forecasted to be in the 30s. So we may be looking at a "wetter" snow, but snow nevertheless. And a plus for me... a wetter snow won't blow into the woods as much (I'm a trail-rider, not so much the woods), and it'll stick to my ramps even better. Of course the downside is that it makes shoveling more difficult. But you never know what will happen. I'm remaining very optimistic that we get "something substantial".

I have sacrificed one thing in the name of snow... my VOICE. Perhaps it was all those times I said "Two and a Single", or all the great people I've talked to in the past week. I hope the next time I talk to many of you, we'll all be enjoying the bounties of a late Feb storm.

Until then, I'll do my best on weather reporting and continue my snow dancing... just no snow singing!

Check this out:

Issued by The National Weather Service
    Burlington, VT
    11:12 am EST, Tue., Feb. 23, 2010

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN VERMONT... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* 8 TO 14 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN VERMONT...

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Check this out:

Issued by The National Weather Service
    Burlington, VT
    11:12 am EST, Tue., Feb. 23, 2010

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN VERMONT... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* 8 TO 14 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN VERMONT...
    Sorry, Boss, but I am still ignoring the forecast. I will not have my hopes dashed yet again, so turning my back (ok, maybe peeking around my shoulder ever so slightly.....)
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce