Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Howie- I couldn't of said it better myself!
    north lynx 14

My son call at lunch and said it was knee to waist deep in and around Castlerock!

Get this air boot off and get me in to my ski boots...Only can wish!

Looks like more feet of snow to come!

Not to be greedy...

...but NWS just changed tomorrow's forecast to all snow (eastern upslope cooling effect, or some such thing), with some heavy winds (especially on the western downslope).

You know I like to be positive but the reality is that this storm is a monster. This morning the forecasts are all in good agreement that the is going to be a good push of warm associated with this system. The low is going to back up to NYC and that is not a good location. I am hoping that the worst of it will be limited and the majority of what we got will be preserved. The bright side is that on the back of this we should get upslope for Friday and the weekend.

I am sure the mountain is preparing for this by rolling and packing all the new snow down so it is more durable against the upcomming onslaught.

Hope they are wrong.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    You know I like to be positive but the reality is that this storm is a monster. This morning the forecasts are all in good agreement that the is going to be a good push of warm associated with this system. The low is going to back up to NYC and that is not a good location. I am hoping that the worst of it will be limited and the majority of what we got will be preserved. The bright side is that on the back of this we should get upslope for Friday and the weekend.

I am sure the mountain is preparing for this by rolling and packing all the new snow down so it is more durable against the upcomming onslaught.

Hope they are wrong.
    I'm digging out in warren this morning, got it late and was pleased to see at least 3 feet of snow everywhere. It is on the heavier side but should ski just fine. See you guys out there

Raining right now on German Flats in Fayston......

"Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Any updates

Any on-mountain intell for this AM's weather?
    Snow report as of 1115a still notes power issues & delayed opening.
    A day to earn one's turns for sure...hope that SnowCat is firing on all cylinders for you lucky folks.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

It's been snowing in the base area most of the morning. A lot of the lifts are spinning too. No power issues currently.

John

micro climate

Crossing my fingers that SBs micro climate keeps the rain out.......

dance mother dance!

Currently raining at the base, super wet snow mid mountain.

Wet Mixed bag....Very heavy to push around.
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Back to a mix of rain and snow at the base.

Seems to be all snow now...

Thanks for the reports. Let's hope it stays all snow for the rest of the night.

Dumping at North Lynx condos right now; has been since about 3pm.
    north lynx 14