Thread: MRG AVALANCHE!

MRG AVALANCHE!

Monday morning, I was skiing alone without a beacon, probe, and shovel in some of Vermont's treacherous terrain.

The wind was really whipping and I foolishly came across a line that looked too good to be true. I decided to plunge into
    this gully without thinking of the consequences, and before I knew it the snow WHOOMPHED and took my feet out as a crown
    about 20 feet wide and 6-15" deep tore off.

To my surprise, what I thought was a nice bowl was actually a windloaded death trap.

Be careful out there..... it's probably best to stay out of the woods until I say they're safe again.

Oh no! My house mates and I will have to SCOUR the woods from MRG to Lincoln Gap and back thru Jerusalem to assure no one else is buried! Horrors! Worse case, we get some free equipment if we don't get there in time to save lives!

Funny I experienced a sluff or slide a few years back in the 20th hole also. Who says we don't get snow in the east.

well now that my post has been moved and no one will ever see it, i can tell you that the avy happened not on the 20th but a secret trail of my own creation.

Unless there are any objections, I'll put up a map.

Did you find it?

I think one or two others might be able to do so, too.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

A map would suit me just fine. I found it cause the site highlights the new posts.

Maps always suits me....I had the same issue at The Mother, but there I expeted it.
    If you can not see it....do not ski it.