Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sharpen those edges mates! Just looked at the forecast and suspect this weekend will be good old eastern hardpack.

While I didn't get out today (worked North Lynx and really don't want to mess up my new board)... I can say that North Lynx was not fun, but it depends on who you ask. For the few people we had up there today, about 40% said it was fun, the other 60% said it wasn't. I was warning everyone that there was no grooming up there - per orders of ski patrol, who said it was not fun.

Honestly, I was expecting different things from today. I was not expecting any grooming - starting the grooming late and opening the mountain as they moved around it was the best scenario, that way it gave folks an edgeable surface. Also I was expecting more damage... the natural trails do look thin (Morning Star, Moonshine, Castlerock, etc) but the snowmaking trails looked really good.... and the base is now rock solid and should last for quite a while. And finally, I wasn't expecting the squalls we got throughout the day... just enough to add white back into the picture but also just enough (for now) to hide some of the beasts that lurk underneath. If you are venturing out onto natural terrain this week, keep in mind that it may be just a light coating of white on top of more natural surfaces. Be safe, have fun, and THINK SNOW!

[sorry, Mark - had to use that line!]

Interesting reporting on snow amounts this morning. Stowe and Jay are reporting 6-8 while SB is saying 1 and MRG is saying 0. I have a feeling that we got a little more. Every little bit helps.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!