Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Base of VH Chair

Soooooo, if possible, is it a better idea to blow tons of snow at the base of Moonshine and possibly Lower Twist and lower Mall to keep more trails off of VH Lift open for spring skiing after the CR lift shuts down?
    I know, I know, Upper Snowball is tough to keep snow on after April 15, but maybe the groomers can create a little magic carpet up there.

BTW, I agree with MM4B on the C-Rock Spring (Summer?) terrain/skiing, and conservative snowmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Keep in mind that runout to the base is usually gone by then as well.
    Most would be willing to hike up to down spout if needed or one could take the traverse to heavens gate area to leave Castlerock!

Quote Originally Posted by vonski
    Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Keep in mind that runout to the base is usually gone by then as well.
    Most would be willing to hike up to down spout if needed or one could take the traverse to heavens gate area to leave Castlerock!
    I beg to differ... Most fanatics and skimrv readers maybe. I am perfectly happy to ski bumps on ripcord and steins when it gets to that point.

My info says snowmaking is pretty much done at ME for the year.

And........... they are going to bury Stein's and Coffee Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy
    Sounds good to me. That's a higher priority for spring but I'd like to see some fan gun action at the rock before the snow making elves hang up their hats for the season.

Really still have not blown on Cliffs, if I am not mistaken.

Awesome! Totally Awesome!

I love being a second class citizen ME plus pass holder. That is exactly why I bought the cheaper ticket
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

MTman- I skiied Sleeper on Sunday as well and had a ball. Went back on Monday, forget about it! It was all windblown and hard as hell.
    north lynx 14

I worked Wednesday, and our ambassador check and report (not mine) called it the trail of the day.

I hit it yesterday, very late, and it was great. Not a lot of frowns, there.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.