Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Snowmaking on Lower Moonshine.

...well that's what the report says. Did they drag the guns through the woods?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

my guess is just on the run out section at the bottom and dragged them from Spring fling over. Cause there is no pipe over there that I know of.

They have done this in the past! Which has allowed it to be open in the spring!

Yes, the snowmaking is off at the bottom of Spring Fling, and the hosed run thru the woods and onto Moonshine.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Now if they could just figure out how to do that on the last turn before the lift on Castlerock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    Now if they could just figure out how to do that on the last turn before the lift on Castlerock.
    And eliminate all the fun in Chinese downhill? No way.

re: Castlerock Chinese downhill

I don't care about the Chinese downhill. I just want an extra month of skiing the rock in the spring.

Cannot Resist, FAN GUN in this area!!!

I'm a big fan of fan guns actually, but I think the nearest water supply is on lower downspout so they the best they could do with some hoses is to blow a big whale somewhere near the lift and push the snow over the bridge and up the hill. I'm not sure how feasible that would be but it's probably a long shot since they've been solving the problem with shovels and elbow grease for the last few years.

Re: re: Castlerock Chinese downhill

I don't care about the Chinese downhill. I just want an extra month of skiing the rock in the spring.
    Good point. Forgot about that part...

I'm a big fan of fan guns actually, but I think the nearest water supply is on lower downspout so they the best they could do with some hoses is to blow a big whale somewhere near the lift and push the snow over the bridge and up the hill. I'm not sure how feasible that would be but it's probably a long shot since they've been solving the problem with shovels and elbow grease for the last few years.
    I'm pretty sure Win has addressed this issue in the past on this board. They'd have to invest in a spur line of new pipe coming off the line running up Lower Downspout. Yes it would cost a nice chunk of change, but given that you could keep CR going another few weeks with that investment, it could be one worth making. Not for me to decide. You'd need 2-3 guns off that line - one on the run-in, one near the lift shack and one at the bottom of the last pitch on Liftline that could perform double duty on both that pitch and the last turn. Alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier
    In the past, have they ever made it to Lower Twist with the hoses and guns?

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    How could they? That's a long way from Spring Fling or Steins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 007
    How could they? That's a long way from Spring Fling or Steins.
    Necessary PSI and Water Flow rate should be available at both those points of connection and elevation; it's just a labor intensive project to run out and coil up very long hoses.....

FWIW I believe that a couple seasons ago they did blow some snow in the CR entrance.