Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Weather

Current Weather

Talk to me Goose...

Stuck down here in Mass for a couple more days. What's the on-mountain report? Snow, r___, ice pellets?

So far so good. Windy up top, foggy, ice pellets. No r___.

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    So far so good. Windy up top, foggy, ice pellets. No r___.
    good news. thx.

Little bit of snow just above the base area still falling. Earlier (1-2pm) we had some snow and some sleet but that was about it.

After a "damp" day where it was in the low 40s at LP summit, things are looking up. As I type this, I see a parade of groomers attacking Lower Organgrinder, and I hear the guns cranking up on North Lynx. According to the trail report, Castlerock comes back online on Monday and its Sunrise and Birch Run at NL getting the gun treatment.

One day of a hiccup in the weather and we're back!

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    After a "damp" day where it was in the low 40s at LP summit, things are looking up. As I type this, I see a parade of groomers attacking Lower Organgrinder, and I hear the guns cranking up on North Lynx. According to the trail report, Castlerock comes back online on Monday and its Sunrise and Birch Run at NL getting the gun treatment.

2 steps forward, and one step back. Praying for new years day.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay

2 steps forward, and one step back. Praying for new years day.
    local news is calling for 6"-12" for the mountains today.

Snow started at about 8:30. The amounts are all over the place on the forecasts. I hope Plowboy is right.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Big snow gun is on,fat flakes coming down at the moment. Very little wind if any at the base... I would think groomed and other trails that are not too bumped up will ski nicely by the afternoon. Heading out at the crack of noon!!!

It's been snowing pretty hard since about 2:45pm. Pace is ranging from 1/2" to 1"+ / hr. There is at least 6" of new snow so far at my house in warren and the radar shows no signs of it slowing till around midnight. Enjoy!

Snowed most of the day, but no real accumulation. Then around 2:00, it pretty much stopped. Sun came out for a bit.

Then... Someone found the accelerator! It is cranking!

It is supposed to be cold, tomorrow. Dress for it!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

"It has gone from dumping to puking "- coach Diggity. I thought it was pretty good and most importantly accurate assessment of our last run. Get some tomorrow...

THANX....

Many thanks......for the uplifting/positive eyewitness snow report, Diggityism, and long distance window view on our mountain world.
    Some of us had to go back to unreality for a few days (maybe why it started snowing), and planning to return to a winterwonderland.
    Wish I was there; RIP IT UP girls and boys!
    aka
    Current Chairman of the Crack o' Noon Club

Monday afternoon, puking was an understatement when describing the snow. Those coming down Ripcord at the end of the day were loving it, and we gave just an extra minute or two for those to get 1 more run in. Today it was -10 at the base of HG and we never opened... the wind was unreal! When we open Wednesday, that will be the place to be... well there and North Lynx and Mt Ellen.

Pretty Weather Picture...

It's time to get back and Rumble. As Croc Hunter would say "Crykee Terri, sheee's a beeauty!"

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/ECIR4.html