Season Pass Discounts - another use?

A couple weekends back my wife and I decided to call it early on Sunday and head over to Timbers for lunch. We ate the day before at the Castlerock pub and I have to say the Goulash was outstanding!! We don't typically eat out for lunch, but it was early season and we weren't organized to pack our lunch over...

Anyways, on Sunday we enjoyed a very nice meal and a couple drinks, which again was outstanding. Great service, great food. Paid the tab and headed out to pack up our stuff to head home. On the ride home, I realized that I had not asked for my discount. Oh well, not a biggie, I'll do it next time.... The following week I was reading an article about Subaru sales increasing this past year and one of the incentives was a discount on the car which instead of being deducted from the total price was given to a charity of the purchasers choosing. What a great idea.

Then I thought, wouldn't it be cool to reuse that idea to donate that discount at Timbers to a local food bank or other valley charity.... then see a total at the end of the year on how much season passholders collectively gave back to a valley charity.

thoughts?

Great idea - everyone wins - needy folks - pass holders ( there is nothing that compares to giving - although NFOPD does cause me some problems with self) Summit Ventures.

Seems a simple? programming piece that directs the discounts to the charity as opposed to taking it off the price.

I spent $344 at the North shop on presents last weekend - not sure how much was discounted, but he did scan my pass.

Nice thought MH,
    Merry Christmas

MH:

It's a nice thought, but personally, I have set a new personal record for charitable giving this year, exceeding even what I had budgetted. I see the Bush and all she has to offer as a reward for me and mine.

Plus, I would not want to burden the Bush with the complex accounting necessry to track the numerous karmic payments due for the misdeeds of my youth.

Not to mention that I would think most people would want to keep track of their own charitable giving and have it come out of their own pockets for tax purposes. I'm no tax accountant, but I would assume that if the Bush donated on your behalf then you would not be able to deduct that.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Not to mention that I would think most people would want to keep track of their own charitable giving and have it come out of their own pockets for tax purposes. I'm no tax accountant, but I would assume that if the Bush donated on your behalf then you would not be able to deduct that.

Skibum: Your assumption is correct.

The difference here is that if you weren't going to motivate to have made the donation on your own and take the deduction yourself, then this is a wonderful thing and I'm all for it.

I'm not concerned at all about the bush's accountant's work load

In this vein, though not directly related, the chamber held a lighting display contest in the Valley, sponsored by Sugarbush. Winners in 5 categories were given prizes ranging from $50 to $800 by Win Smith on December 16. Those individual prize winners were then to designate a local non profit of their choice for their winnings and Win will be sending a check in the name of each winner to their chosen non profit. He awarded over $5000 in prizes, PLUS another $5000 to the local Community Fund who helps scores of Valley people through difficult financial times.

That's the spirit of Sugarbush, and of the season.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Merry Christmas everyone.
    The weather forecast has put me in the holiday spirit.
    check out Josh Fox. http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/

Not so happy to hear that the Christmas storm will be a disappointment (kinda knew that already), but it's nice to hear that the impact won't be too large. Definitely a more positive outlook after, though.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Not so happy to hear that the Christmas storm will be a disappointment (kinda knew that already), but it's nice to hear that the impact won't be too large. Definitely a more positive outlook after, though.
    I have a feeling you won't be disappointed in the upslope Champlain powderfest afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    I have a feeling you won't be disappointed in the upslope Champlain powderfest afterwards.
    Shhhhh. Don't jinx it.

Mt. Ellen was gorgeous today, by the way.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)