Thread: ; }

; }

SNOW

How much so far? I see that we could get a mix later in the day.
    north lynx 14

Website is reporting 4-7".... there's definetely around 7" or so up at Heaven's Gate. Run on Downspout was mid winter... groomed underneath with some pow on top. Beautiful! Large mounds of snow and lots of waterbars on Lower Downspout down to and through Coffee Run.

Even if we get some mixed, its good for base building. Mountain is definetely looking 100000x better than it did on Saturday... and the 15-day forecast is calling for nothing but SNOW SNOW SNOW! BRING IT ON!

shadyjay- thanks for the update. It's all good from here on ! I can't get up until the week after next, but it should be in real nice shape by then.
    north lynx 14

Talk about too much of a good thing...the mountain closed operations for the day due to snow and heavy winds. With another storm looking good for Friday please allow some extra time for the drive up so you'll be here for sure for the awesome conditions of the weekend. Watching the radar ahead it looks like the bad stuff will mostly miss us. Wow, it's windy. 90mph winds were recorded on Mt Mansfield.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

SRO - Any details from your end on Fridays storm? Driving up from jersey Friday evening - have not seen anything on my weather watches for a Friday shot -

Lake Effect and upslope hopefully the next few days!

I only see snow showers on the 5 day, Chuck. But yesterday I saw Friday as being clear, so . . .
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck
    SRO - Any details from your end on Fridays storm? Driving up from jersey Friday evening - have not seen anything on my weather watches for a Friday shot -
    I don't have any details, just what all the weather forcasters are saying. Here's the NWS forecast for Sugarbush. It's forcast to be downright frigid which is actually a good thing for the road slippage thing. Cold snow gives your tires more grip than wet snow.
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...x=125&map.y=95

Used to be a sticky but I see it's gone. Call the Vermont DOT road condition hotline. 1-800-ICY-ROAD It gives you continuous updates of the road conditions for all the main roads in Vermont 24/7 I haven't called it myself for awhile so I thought I would check it out. It has changed and gotten more complicated. Now you have to have some basic knowledge of the roads your going to be traveling. Assuming your headed to Bethel I assume again your taking I91/89 to Rt 107. After you press 1 for road conditions, press 91, then go back to menu and press 89. In addition to road surface conditions it gives other road problems.

Like I said, give yourself extra time and slow down if the roads are dicey. You'll be fine.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Thank you all for the updates/info, much appreciated!

snowdog- check some of last year's threads about alternate routes to Sugarbush.
    north lynx 14

You may also want to bookmark http://511.vermont.gov You can get road conditions, and interstate webcams.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce