Season pass valley benefits and discounts

I'm befuddled at one of the discounts season pass holder receive this year.... maybe from the lack of coffee but does the following say that the gift certificates are not good saturdays and holidays?

10% discount (no takeout) December 1-March 31, excluding holiday periods and Saturdays (starting November 21, 2009). In addition, purchase $200 in gift certificates at 50% off. A one-time offer limited to first 200 purchasers. Call (802) xxxxxxx for details.

The way i'm reading it, it says the gift certificates are good any old time......

Re: Season pass valley benefits and discounts

Quote Originally Posted by muddy_hollow
    I'm befuddled at one of the discounts season pass holder receive this year.... maybe from the lack of coffee but does the following say that the gift certificates are not good saturdays and holidays?

10% discount (no takeout) December 1-March 31, excluding holiday periods and Saturdays (starting November 21, 2009). In addition, purchase $200 in gift certificates at 50% off. A one-time offer limited to first 200 purchasers. Call (802) xxxxxxx for details.

The way i'm reading it, it says the gift certificates are good any old time......
    As you can see the conditions of the discounts are set by each valley business. Since your question pertains to Miguels I would call them regarding any restrictions about the gift certificates. I think your assessment, the way it's written, is correct but I would want to double check too just to be sure.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

buddy of mine received the gift certificates he purchased from Miguels in the mail today. they say right on them that they are not good saturdays and holidays. he's not happy since he was not aware of this restriction when he purchased.

Well, Muddy's info is pulled right off the website in the Season Pass info section
    http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-ski...nefits-program
    businesses do promotional discount programs to get people in during not busy nights so I think this is pretty common. When I lived in Maine we bought for several years a $50 restaurant discount book and they had similar restrictions.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

better wording

I posted the original question as I received my certificates and noticed the restriction. I was a bit miffed, as the wording on advert is not concise and after reading is open for interpretation. I would suggest for futures that the fine print is a bit more detailed....... Good deal nonetheless.

We're there enough over the season to enjoy a night out with less crowds.

I can certainly understand the pass deal excluding high traffic days. Like SRO said, they want to drive traffic to them when they would not normally have it.

What surprises me is ski_it's friend who paid for a certificate to find that Saturdays were excluded. That doesn't make sense, unless the price was a special deal. Other than that, it is just pre-paying for the meal.

I'm still wondering if they're really opening, this winter. They burnt a lot of bridges by advertising that they would be open in the late summer/fall, but being closed.

Signs are still up, but so are the Realtor signs.

Time will tell...
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Even at half off the food and overall service at miguels still sucks.

Is Miguel's even open?

Yes, it will be and give him another try this winter.

Heard a rumor today, from a very reliable source that they are doing a soft opening tonight.

Word is there is almost entirely a new staff, and "new" managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Heard a rumor today, from a very reliable source that they are doing a soft opening tonight.

Word is there is almost entirely a new staff, and "new" managers.
    Why don't you stumble downstairs and give us a restaurant report?
    Sugarbusher since 1970

I could, with a special report on the quality and strength of the Margaritas, but you (or other interested parties) would have to pay.