Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No way dude.

See, this time it was the Sugarbush crew that skied SR, not just some guy with a digital camera. In other words, your post to posts that say something nice about the mountain percentage is around the Mendoza line, right?

No, the usual dbs can post whatever they want, no censoring, no threadlock, no kicked to Misc. You haven't been accepted here gs.

I will work on that... What is the first step? Post a trip report about storage/changing room gnar?

Try more misspelling, missing the point, and mis-guided attempts at, well, anything.

Also, nice turn by turn run descriptions down intermediate slopes are well loved.

Goneskiing, last I looked you had over 147 views on your thread, so it wasn't banished, just moved as it had nothing to do with Sugarbush.

You're right, that other than the fact that there were Sugarbush skiers there, the other thread really had nothing to do with Sugarbush. I've now moved it in response to your complaint.

Feel free to continue to complain about your poor treatment here.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Lostone, we barely have enough people here for single forum let alone 4. However, if you see a reason to move stuff around by all means... My suggestion would be to keep all skiing related stuff together, regardless of where it is done.

PS: I can't help thinking that you are taking this moderation job too seriously and title of this topic is a fine example.

It is my belief that the topic presents best your topic. If you would like another, I'd be happy to try to change it for you.

Thanx for your concern about my being too serious about being a moderator. I have a tendency to do every job I do, the best I can.

I understand there are a number of forums on the internet that are much more willing to have mostly and totally unfettered debate. I participate in a number of them. At times they have a tendency to go toward the lowest common denominator. Often, the only people that regularly participate are those that like that level.

"As my grandfather said, 'Son, don't wrestle with a pig. You'll both get filthy, and the pig likes it.' " ... Scott Alerek... and probably 4000 other people.
    That is not the purpose of this board. It is to provide help and information about Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, and the Mad River Valley, as well as general, respectful conversation about many other topics.

I hear your interest in having one room for any skiing topics. You can do a poll to see how everyone feels. I don't like the idea, as I like having the rooms separated such that requests for information can be directed at the target area. But I don't own the site, and am perfectly willing to work it the way the majority wish.

As for your moved target, it has 154 views. That isn't bad, for a topic with only one reply. It is not hidden.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Hypocrisy and censorship censorship censorship by any other name. Yes you are the decider. Are you sure you're not George W ?No reasonable person could spot a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by barkbiter
    Hypocrisy and censorship censorship censorship by any other name. Yes you are the decider. Are you sure you're not George W ?No reasonable person could spot a difference.
    What the F are you talking about? We've always moved TRs about other ski areas outside of the Sugarbush forum. I can sympathize on the censorship bit, as I'd prefer a a bit more lively conversation myself, but don't make up stuff just b/c that's what happened to be passing between your ears at the moment. Surely we don't want this pace to degenerate into the second coming of the old RSN boards where there was nothing of value and just a lot of chest-thumping by guys from Whiteface, of all places. Your paranoid delusions about access to the board being tightly controlled are a joke - that's entirely in Greg's hands and approving new members for this relatively small board probably isn't at the top of his hourly priority list.

Instead of whining about whatever perceived frustrations you have, how about you start a thread to make constructive suggestions for improving this place? What are your ideas and suggestions? I've yet to see anything like that from you - just complaints. I guess that's easier to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    blah blah blah, why don't you try to improve this place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I understand there are a number of forums on the internet that are much more willing to have mostly and totally unfettered debate. I participate in a number of them.

At times they have a tendency to go toward the lowest common denominator. Often, the only people that regularly participate are those that like that level. As for your moved target, it has 154 views. That isn't bad, for a topic with only one reply. It is not hidden.

I think there are real suggestions in this thread, and others. Seriously though, Lostone seems to perceive every suggestion as a challenge to his supreme authority. Look at the renamed and split thread....Having two concurrent SR TR's, one with his buddies and the other, better one, in the garbage can more eloquently states his views about SkiMRV than any of his Moderater justifying nonsense about keeping out the riff raff.

Here is the truth: The "Regular Posters" on SkiMRV enjoy having a board with only ten posters. Maybe it's because, like the valley, it's way better to be a local, but maybe it's also because some of these people don't enjoy the same treatment IRL.

A messageboard about Sugarbush that had more people discussing skiing and the mountain would be way better for both things.

And how could 154 views possibly be justified as a good thread? The only way is that if it actually started in the Misc it would have received about 5 views.

Enjoy your private little messageboard club and Happy halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlucas
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    blah blah blah, why don't you try to improve this place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I understand there are a number of forums on the internet that are much more willing to have mostly and totally unfettered debate. I participate in a number of them.

At times they have a tendency to go toward the lowest common denominator. Often, the only people that regularly participate are those that like that level. As for your moved target, it has 154 views. That isn't bad, for a topic with only one reply. It is not hidden.

I think there are real suggestions in this thread, and others. Seriously though, Lostone seems to perceive every suggestion as a challenge to his supreme authority. Look at the renamed and split thread....Having two concurrent SR TR's, one with his buddies and the other, better one, in the garbage can more eloquently states his views about SkiMRV than any of his Moderater justifying nonsense about keeping out the riff raff.

Here is the truth: The "Regular Posters" on SkiMRV enjoy having a board with only ten posters. Maybe it's because, like the valley, it's way better to be a local, but maybe it's also because some of these people don't enjoy the same treatment IRL.

A messageboard about Sugarbush that had more people discussing skiing and the mountain would be way better for both things.

And how could 154 views possibly be justified as a good thread? The only way is that if it actually started in the Misc it would have received about 5 views.

Enjoy your private little messageboard club and Happy halloween.
    Lighten up Francis.

Why is everyone so flipped out? Yes, these forums are an exclusive club, but the only membership fee is respect. Don't go on about freedom of speech; there are tons of alternatives to this board if you don't like the way things are run. Either put up or shut up, because the conditions you're dealing with just aren't that harsh.

Man, it's time for snow.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)