Quote Originally Posted by mattlucas
I think there are real suggestions in this thread, and others. Seriously though, Lostone seems to perceive every suggestion as a challenge to his supreme authority. Look at the renamed and split thread....Having two concurrent SR TR's, one with his buddies and the other, better one, in the garbage can more eloquently states his views about SkiMRV than any of his Moderater justifying nonsense about keeping out the riff raff.
So what, specifically, would you suggest. It's difficult to parse through the various complaints and rants up thread.

Here is the truth: The "Regular Posters" on SkiMRV enjoy having a board with only ten posters. Maybe it's because, like the valley, it's way better to be a local, but maybe it's also because some of these people don't enjoy the same treatment IRL.
That's just straight up BS. For the record, I don't know a single person on this board outside of a few 15 second conversations with Lostone while strolling by on my way to the hill. There are no preferred members. There is no preferential treatment. If your only "contribution" is inane rambling and insults, ala barkbiter, you're likely to see a higher % of your threads locked or edited. I'm not sure why that should be surprising. It's not like there are any sacred cows here. How many times have we, including this Moderator, slammed the mountain for any number of real or perceived shortcomings (early/late season at LP, boot/bag storage the size of my closet, CR Pub too small, lack of snowmaking, lousy food/service at Timbers, line cutting privileges - the list goes on)? The only thing that gets moderated are the personal insults. Again, while I'd like a little more lively discussion, is the editing of useless insults really such an affront that the forum seems sanitized as a result?

A messageboard about Sugarbush that had more people discussing skiing and the mountain would be way better for both things.
Agreed, especially pre/post season.