Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's snowing

It's snowing

I'm near the Mad River, at the moment, and based on what I am seeing should be at least 2"-4" up on the mountain. I'd post a pic but I think we all know what snow looks like. With the temps this week might even stick around, no pun intended, for a couple of days, at least on the upper mountain. Looks real nice!

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

north of north webcam...

http://madriverglen.com/?Page=cams.html
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

You're kidding, right SRO? "We all know what snow looks like, so I won't post a pic" We all know what skiing is like, why bother to go again?

For the faithful ....

The front yard at ~1100'. I may have to go see what's up at MRG. Fox or Vixen?

John

I have some to upload, now, but got one from noski, so figured I'd start with that.

Rumor I heard is that there is almost a foot on top.

More to come, shortly.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I was trying to coerce either you or Losty to post something from his deck. Bet he's out taking pics, don't think he has a radio show today.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    I was trying to coerce either you or Losty to post something from his deck. Bet he's out taking pics, don't think he has a radio show today.
    Losty, you posted that as I was typing, on purpose. LMAO

Seriously, having snow with the foliage still looking good in many places is special. I was out early this morning heading up to LP in a few minutes.

Sugarbusher since 1970

That wasn't too long, was it?

Just a quick tool around the base area and took a few shots.

There will be more, in a while. Have a few more shots, in the Misc album of my Photobucket site.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Thanks for the great pix everyone. We were up this past weekend, saw forecasts of snow and wished we could have stayed. Great stoke!

Thanks for the great pictures...I wa up this weekend and saw snow on Smugs...and it felt like it could snow yesterday when I was roller skiing the rt 17 gap. Wish I had stayed one more day, I could have got my first turns in.
    If you can not see it....do not ski it.

You guys rock!
    Game on!

I bet dollars to doughnuts John is hiking up LP, expecting some real super heavy powder ski pics or he could be home relaxing(not likely) as it's been a busy summer for all of us at the Bush and the season ended yesterday. The answer is Vixen, Fox was yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

from a cruise around the valley earlier

Was thinking noski would like this one as I think it's on her commute
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Sugarbusher since 1970

[quote="ski_resort_observer"]I bet dollars to doughnuts John is hiking up LP, expecting some real super heavy powder ski pics or he could be home relaxing(not likely) as it's been a busy summer for all of us at the Bush and the season ended yesterday. The answer is Vixen, Fox was yesterday.

That picture is simply stunning.

Thanks for the commute-picture, SRO. This morning the cloud level was higher and the snow on Mt Ellen trails was awesome to see from Bragg Hill. I soooo wished the sun would poke out so I could take the picture, but the contrast just wasn't good enough to take a better pic than what you have here.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Thanks for the Pics.

1. Oh yeah, so that's Snow. Nice Pics. Thank you.
    2. Noski any word on this season's projected total?
    3. Has any one partaken of Ma Nature's free sample and hopefully taken some more photos, perhaps maybe?